SEN vs UGN Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
One of the favourites for the tournament, Senegal take the field in the round-of-16 match against Uganda at Cairo International Stadium.
SEN vs UGN Dream11 MATCH PREVIEW:
How did they qualify?
- In just their 2nd appearance at the Africa Cup of Nations since 1978 where they finished runners-up, Uganda exceeded the expectations at the group stage, as they finished 2nd in the group, ahead of DR Congo and Zimbabwe.
- The only loss came against host nation Egypt, which was expected.
- The 1-0 loss against Algeria in the 2nd group game left Senegal with a must-win game against Kenya. Sadio Mane struck twice after Ismaila Sarr‘s opener at the hour mark gave the team a deserved 1-0 lead.
- With the win, Senegal qualified from Group C as the 2nd placed team.
The Africa Cup of Nations 2019 match will be played between Uganda and Senegal at Cairo International Stadium, in Cairo, Egypt. The ground has a capacity of 75,000.
The game will start at 12:30 AM (IST), on Tuesday, July 06.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations can be enjoyed across Sony Sports Network, while Premier members can also enjoy the live action on the official SonyLiv App.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Uganda – L L W W D L
Senegal – W W W W L W
Uganda Team News:
No reported injuries or suspension at the moment.
Uganda squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations:
- Goalkeepers: Jamal Salim Magoola, Robert Odongkara, Denis Onyango
- Defenders: Timothy Awanyi, Murushid Juuko, Isaac Muleme, Hassan Wasswa Mawanda, Bevis Mugabi, Ronald Mukiibi, Joseph Ochaya, Nicholas Wadada, Godfrey Walusimbi
- Midfielders: Khalid Aucho, Michael Azira, Allan Kateregga, William Kizito Luwagga, Tadeo Lwanga, Farouk Miya, Emmanuel Okwi
- Forwards: Patrick Kaddu, Allan Kyambadde, Lumala Abdu, Derrick Nsibambi
Uganda Dream11 – Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Expect head coach Sébastien Desabre to make changes to his playing 11.
- The most expected change will only come either in the midfield or in the forward positions, for Uganda’s backline looked stoic enough against Egypt.
- Nicholas Wadada and Bevis Mugabi battle for a place at right-back
- Striker Patrick Kaddu will definitely be pushing for inclusion here after being named on the bench in the last group game against Egypt, where he remained an unused substitute.
- The players possibly creating the room for Kaddu in the playing 11 will either be Allan Kyambadde or Lumala Abdu. Though, the latter has done enough in the first three games to get the nod here.
- In addition, Emmanuel Okwi was too wasteful for this level, missing a couple of sitters against the host nation in the last game. But still, expect him to be in the starting 11.
Uganda Dream11 Probable XI:
Onyango (GK), Walusimbi, Wasswa, Juuko, Mugabi, Aucho, Azira, Okwi, Abdu, Miya, Kaddu
Senegal Team News:
- Senegal suffered a huge blow ahead of their knockout phase as the first choice goalkeeper Edouard Mendy has been ruled out of the rest of the tournament. The 27-year-old Reims shot-stopper suffered a finger injury during the warm-up game.
- No other injury concern for Senegal ahead of this game.
Senegal squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations:
- Goalkeepers: Abdoulaye Diallo, Alfred Gomis, Edouard Mendy
- Defenders: Saliou Ciss, Pape Abdou Cisse, Lamine Gassama, Kalidou Koulibaly, Cheikhou Kouyate, Youssouf Sabaly, Salif Sane, Moussa Wague
- Midfielders: Keprin Diatta, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Alfred Ndiaye, Badou Ndiaye, Henri Saivet
- Forwards: Keita Balde, Mbaye Diagne, Moussa Konate, Sadio Mane, Mbaye Niang, Ismaila Sarr, Sada Thioub
Senegal Dream11 Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Head coach Aliou Cisse named Alfred Gomis in goal, and he will be starting Senegal’s next game as well.
- No change will come at centre-back with Cheikhou Kouyaté and Kalidou Koulibaly pretty much Senegal’s first choice partnership at the moment.
- Wing-back positions could see some flirtations from the last game as Moussa Wagué and Youssouf Sabaly will definitely be looking for a start after getting dropped down to the bench in the last game.
- There is a battle for midfield positions in Senegal’s starting 11. With Ismaila Sarr, Sadio Mane and Keita Balde all expected to start here, Badou Ndiaye, Idrissa Gueye and Krépin Diatta will battle for the remaining two slots in the centre of the park.
Senegal Dream11 Probable XI:
Alfred Gomis (GK), Wague, Koulibaly, Kouyate, Sabaly, Badou Ndiaye, Idrissa Gueye / Krépin Diatta, Keita Balde, Ismaïla Sarr, Sadio Mane, M’Baye Niang