VIL vs GRD Dream11 Prediction | La Liga | Villarreal vs Granada, Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Aug 17, 2019 11:27 pm IST
VIL vs GRD Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
After spending most of the last season in the battle for the survival, Villarreal will be looking for a much smoother ride this season in La Liga.
They have a winnable first two fixtures and should aim for bagging six points before hosting Real Madrid in the 3rd round.
The La Liga match will be played between Villarreal and Granada at Estadio de la Cerámica (El Madrigal), in Villarreal, Spain. The ground has a capacity of 23,500.
The game will start at 12:30 AM (IST), on Saturday, August 18.
Sony Sports Network and Facebook both have the rights to show La Liga matches live in India.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Villarreal – W W W L W W
Granada – W W W W W W
Villarreal Team News:
- Defensive midfielder Bruno Soriano, along with central midfielder Ramiro Guerra and left-back Alberto Moreno, all miss out on the match due to injuries.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Much of Villarreal’s problems last season surfaced from a leaky defense and the club tried to shore up the things at the back with some signings.
- One of them is Raul Albiol, and the 33-year-old is expected to start the match in the heart of the defense.
Villarreal Probable XI:
Sergio Asenjo (GK), Xavi Quintilla, Pau Torres, Raul Albiol, Ruben Pena, Santo Cazorla, Manu Trigueros, Karl Toko Ekambi, Vicente Iborra, Moi Gomez, Gerard Moreno
Granada FC Team News:
- Alex Martinez and Neider Lozano are listed as out by Granada ahead of this game.
- In addition, Bernardo Cruz and Jose Antonio Martinez are carrying knocks and will be monitored before the game.
Granada Probable XI:
Rui Silva (GK), Victor Diaz, Domingos Duarte, German Sanchez, Quini, Yan Brice Eteki, Angel Montoro, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede Vico, Darwin Machis, Roberto Soldado
Potential Game Changers:
- Roberto Soldado
- Gerard Moreno
- Vicente Iborra
- Santo Cazorla
- Karl Toko Ekambi
Likely to score:
- For Villarreal: Gerard Moreno, Karl Toro Ekambi, Santi Cazorla
- For Granada: Roberto Soldado, Darwin Machis
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
Roberto Soldado: Back in Spain after a little bit of transformation with Fenerbache in the Turkish Super Lig. The 34-year-old is a threat in front of the goal.
- Games: 21
- Goals: 06
- Assists: 04
Gerard Moreno: The 27-year-old was Villarreal’s 2nd highest goal scorer last season. He has had a good pre-season as well which shows that he is ready for the new season.
- Games: 46
- Goals: 12
- Assists: 02
Santi Cazorla: The 34-year-old had a phenomenal last season, even earning a recall to the national set-up with Spain. Expect the former Arsenal star to pull the strings here.
- Games: 45
- Goals: 06
- Assists: 11
Karl Toko Ekambi: The Cameroon international can play in a variety of roles. Not only he has been deployed as a forward in a false-9 situation, but the 26-year-old has played both on the left-wing and as a left-back as well.
He is a vital cog in Viallreal’s wheel.
- Games: 41
- Goals: 13
- Assists: 05
VIL vs GRD Dream11 potential winner:
Villarreal are favorite for the match.