Latest update on players’ fitness and playing chances before tonight’s showdown. Here is what has been confirmed by both the clubs so far.
Bayern Munich are in Liverpool to play their first leg of knockout football at the famous Anfield. Easily, it is one of the biggest fixtures of the Champions League with two European powerhouses going at each other for a place in quarter-finals. Both the teams have their own problems in terms of injuries and suspensions going into the game.
Liverpool vs Bayern Munich Latest Team News and Line Ups
Liverpool Team News –
- Georgina Wijnaldum has recovered from his illness and was involved in full training ahead of the Champions League match.
- Xerdan Shaqiri has also returned to training just in time to face his former club Bayern Munich. The forward missed Bournemouth game due to a slight abdominal strain.
- Dejan Lovren is facing a late fitness battle and could be available. The defender has been out with a hamstring injury since early January.
- Joe Gomez (leg injury) and Virgil Van Dijk (suspension) will be unavailable.
Bayern Munich Team News –
- Jerome Boateng is out of Liverpool clash with an upset stomach and hasn’t travelled.
- Arjen Robben and Corentin Tolisso are also unavailable due to injuries.
- Kinglsey Koman has been given the green light after a late fitness test and he will be available for selection.
- Franck Ribery is expected to travel separately after becoming a father and might be unavailable.
- Thomas Muller is out with a suspension for the red card he picked up against Ajax.
Liverpool vs Bayern Munich Expected Lineups
Liverpool – Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino
Bayern Munich – Neuer, Kimmich, Hummels, Sule, Alaba, Goretzka, Thiago, James, Coman, Gnabry, Lewandowski
Read LIV vs BAY Dream11 Team Prediction, Fantasy Team News, Playing 11