HULL CITY VS CHELSEA FC
FA CUP, ENGLAND
HUL VS CHE MATCH PREVIEW:
In the upcoming fixture of FA Cup, Chelsea FC is hosting Hull City in their home ground, Stamford Bridge Stadium at 1:30 AM (IST). This game is going to be a one sided affair because The Blues are taking on Hull City in their home ground and they are most likely to win because if we go by the last six head to head encounters then Chelsea FC has won all the six games. But this is a FA Cup tie and if the away team has qualified then they should not be taken lightly. So, it is going to be an exciting contest.
When: February 17, 1:30 AM IST
Where: Stamford Bridge Stadium, London, England
Head to head Encounters (Last 6 matches):
Chelsea FC Won – 6
Hull City Won – 0
Not Decided – 0
HUL VS CHE TEAM NEWS:
HUL TEAM NEWS:
- Ola Aina, Fikayo Tomori and Michael Hector are on loan from Chelsea and are therefore not allowed to play against their parent club on Friday night.
- Ryan Mason has been forced to retire from the serious head injury he suffered against Chelsea in January 2017.
- Changes are expected to Hull’s usual XI ahead of their daunting trip to Stamford Bridge, as they are in a relegation battle in the Championship.
- With Aina, Tomori and Moses Odubajo sidelined, Nigel Adkins is short of options at right-back. Brian Lenihan has only made one appearance all season but Hull have few options here.
- The Championship strugglers do have a lot of options up front but Nouha Dicko may get the nod if they go with one striker at Stamford Bridge
Marshall (GK), Lenihan, MacDonald, Dawson, Mazuch, Kingsley, Clark, Larsson, Stewart, Bowen, Dicko
CHE TEAM NEWS:
- Andreas Christensen and Alvaro Morata returned to first-team action earlier than expected in Monday’s 3-0 win over West Brom but Antonio Conte may resist the temptation to start both here with a match against Barcelona to come next.
- Ross Barkley, David Luiz and Tiemoue Bakayoko have been ruled out for the hosts because of injury, but January signing Emerson Palmieri could make his Chelsea debut on Friday night.
- Willy Caballero, David Cahill and Ethan Ampadu are also expected to get minutes in the FA Cup.
Caballero (GK), Cahill, Ampadu, Azpilicueta, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Kante, Emerson, Pedro, Willian, Giroud
HUL – Stewart, Larsson
CHE – Willian, Giroud, Azpilicueta
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
Chelsea weren’t completely convincing against West Brom on Monday night but they did get a 3-0 win under their belt following a poor run of results for Antonio Conte’s side. Now they will try to build momentum ahead of a run of games against Barcelona, Manchester United and Manchester City.
Hull could really do without a trip to Stamford Bridge as they are only one point above the bottom three in the Championship. The Tigers won away to Nottingham Forest last time out but haven’t won consecutive matches in all competitions all season. It’s unlikely that will start now.
Hull have only beaten Chelsea four times in their previous 46 encounters and the last of those came back in 1988. They have never won an away match against Chelsea and have lost their last six matches, scoring in just one of those. It makes grim reading for Hull even if Chelsea are not anywhere near their best at the moment.
NOTE: THIS HUL VS CHE MATCH PREVIEW IS BASED ON OUR RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING FROM VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES. YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OWN PLAYING 11 ON THE BASIS OF TEAM NEWS.
HUL VS CHE FANTASY TEAM: