Liverpool vs Manchester City Match Prediction Tips | Who will win Today’s Match
Thursday, April 05, 12:15 AM IST
Anfield – Premier League leaders Manchester City take a trip to Anfield for the Wednesday’s quarter-final first leg against Liverpool.
The home team’s front three have made a plenty of headlines this season, and have already trumped City over 4-3 in the league clash. The concern for Jurgen Klopp will be the backline, which struggled for long periods against Crystal Palace.
The Scousers will draw inspiration from the fact that they are undefeated in their last 17 home matches against Man City in all competitions.
Manchester City will be without their talismanic forward, Sergio Agüero. However, City’s confidence would still be outstandingly high, for their Premier League exploits.
Last meeting: Liverpool 4 : Manchester City 3
MCI vs LIV Head-to-Head
(Last 6 matches)
Liverpool: 3, Manchester City: 2, Draw: 1
Manchester City Team News
- Aymeric Laporte picked a foot injury during Manchester City’s 3-1 win over Everton on Saturday, and is likely to sit out.
- Sergio Aguero will be on the sidelines, confirmed Pep Guardiola. In his absence, Gabriel Jesus will lead the line for City.
- John Stones is not yet match fit to feature, while Fabian Delph is also a doubt.
Form (all competitions, most recent first): W W L W W W
Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Kompany, Laporte; De Bruyne, Fernandinho, D Silva; Sterling, Jesus, Sané
Liverpool Team News
- Adam Lallana picked a hamstring injury against Crystal Palace and will be on the sidelines.
- Emre Can, struggling with a back problem, is a doubt.
- Nathaniel Clyne was named as a substitute against Palace and is expected to be in the subs.
- Dejan Lovren is expected to partner Virgil Van Dijk in the defensive line.
Form (all competitions, most recent first): WWLDWW
Karius; Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson; Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Salah, Firmino, Mané
Prediction Guru Key Players
- Rahim Sterling’s searing pace will challenge Liverpool’s struggling defense.
- Aguero’s injury has made Gabriel Jesus a confirmed starter and it’s not like he would let an opportunity go by.
- Mohamed Salah has had an incredible run this season. He will be key to Liverpool’s chances.
- Firmino and Mané will be difficult to contain.
Note: This MCI vs LIV match preview is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above.
MCI vs LIV Dream11 Fantasy Team
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update. Also, hit the bell icon on the bottom right side of your screen to get all the latest news and updates.