MUN VS CHE EPL FOOTBALL MATCH PREDICTION- TEAM NEWS
Updated on: Feb 23, 2018 6:24 pm IST
MANCHESTER UNITED vs CHELSEA
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE, ENGLAND
MUN VS CHE MATCH PREVIEW:
In the upcoming fixture of the English Premier League, Manchester United is locking horns with Chelsea in their home ground, Old Trafford, Manchester at 7:35 PM (IST). This game is going to be a nail-biting contest because both the teams are equally balanced and The Blues would come to Manchester red with more confidence than ever because they have been in great form as of late and they would also like to register another win in this fixture. The preview of this game listed below.
When: February 25, 7:35 PM IST
Where: Old Trafford, Manchester, England
Recent form (Last six matches)
Manchester United – W W W L W L
Chelsea – D D W L L W
MUN VS CHE TEAM NEWS:
MUN TEAM NEWS:
- Ander Herrera faces a long spell on the sidelines after suffering a hamstring injury against Sevilla on Tuesday night.
- Jose Mourinho may revert to a three-man defence to mirror Chelsea’s tactic, although that may depend on the fitness of Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo.
- Paul Pogba was surprisingly named as a substitute in Wednesday’s 0-0 draw with Sevilla but will surely start against Chelsea.
- If Mourinho does revert to a back three, Alexis Sanchez may partner Romelu Lukaku in attack with Jesse Lingard linking midfield and attack.
De Gea (GK), Jones, Smalling, Bailly, Valencia, Matic, Pogba, Young, Lingard, Lukaku, Sanchez
CHE TEAM NEWS:
- David Luiz, Ross Barkley and Tiemoué Bakayoko are all doubts for Chelsea ahead of their trip to Old Trafford.
- Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud were both on the bench against Barcelona in midweek but Antonio Conte may recall on the former here.
- Gary Cahill will also hope to feature after missing out on a starting berth to Antonio Rudiger in midweek.
- Few other changes are expected from the side that held Barcelona to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.
Courtois (GK), Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill, Alonso, Fabregas, Kante, Moses, Willian, Morata
MUN – Arnautovic, Chicharito
CHE – Salah, Firmino, Dijk
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
Manchester United is on the decline just as the season enters the business end of the competition. They have only won two of their last five and their performances have generally been poor. Rumoured tension between Paul Pogba and Jose Mourinho is not helping matters. United could drop down to third at the end of the weekend.
Chelsea appears to be on their way out of their own decline. Antonio Conte’s side is now unbeaten in three and deserved more than a 1-1 draw at home to Barcelona on Tuesday night. The defending Premier League champions have a superb recent record against United, losing only one of their last 14 encounters with the Red Devils.
United have only lost one league game at home all season but are currently entering a defining period in their season. They appear on the way down just as things are looking better for Chelsea. Will United’s woes continue?
NOTE: THIS MUN VS CHE MATCH PREVIEW IS BASED ON OUR RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING FROM VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES. YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OWN PLAYING 11 ON THE BASIS OF TEAM NEWS.
MUN VS CHE FANTASY TEAM: