Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia
La Liga, Spain
Fourth-placed Valencia make a trip to Bilbao for their forthcoming La Liga fixture against Athletic Bilbao. After a string of losses, Valencia have pulled back to register three wins a row in the league. On the other hand, the hosts Athletic Bilbao are 12th on the La Liga points table.
Kick-off: March 01, 12:00 AM IST
Where: San Mamés Stadium
VAL vs ATH Head-to-Head:
(Last 6 meetings)
Valencia: 3, Athletic Bilbao: 3
Valencia Team News:
- Geoffrey Kondogbia is expected to make a start in the heart of midfield.
- There is a chance of Ruben Vezo to be included to give defense more stability.
- Marcelino can rotate his attacking options as Rodrigo is just one booking away from a suspension.
Form (recent first, all competitions): W W W L L L
Probable XI: Neto, Gayá, Murillo, Paulista, Vezo, Guedes, Parejo, Kondogbia, Soler, Mina, Zaza
Key players: Zaza, Kondogbia and Parejo
Athletic Bilbao Team News:
- Mikel Rico will be on the sidelines. In his absence, Ander Iturraspe is most likely to team up with Benat in centre of the pitch.
- Unai Nunez has regained fitness, but Yeray and Inigo Martinez are most likely to continue at centre back roles.
- Inigo Cordoba may not start despite impressive outing last time. Markel Susaeta and Inaki Williams are likely to play in wider positions.
Form (recent first, all competitions): W L L W D L
Probable XI: Arrizabalaga, Saborit, Martínez, Álvarez, Marcos, Etxebarria, Iturraspe, Susaeta, García, Williams, Aduriz
Key players: Aduriz, García and Susaeta
India Fantasy Prediction:
Athletic Bilbao have not lost in their last seven fixtures at San Mames but they have been down and out this season. Whereas, Valencia would be bursting with confidence after back-to-back wins and can see off the hosts.
Note: This VAL vs ATH match preview is based on our research and news sourced from various sources. You can select your own playing XI basis the team news.
VAL vs ATH Fantasy Team:
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update. Press the Bell icon at the bottom of the screen to never miss the updates.