David Willey embraced the IPL opportunity and joined the Chennai Super Kings for the ongoing eleventh edition of the Indian Premier League after Kedhar Jadhav was ruled out of the tournament after suffering an injury.

However, the Yorkshire has bemoaned the situation and has called for an introduction of a cut-off point for Indian Premier League deals as they have lost David Willey to the tournament days just before the start of the county season.

The big-hitting left-arm seam bowler now joins White Rose and England limited-overs team-mate Liam Plunkett as a late replacement who has also been called to participate in the IPL.

Plunkett was last week roped in by Delhi Daredevils as a replacement for Kagiso Rabada and Martyn Moxon had expressed his disappointment over the late call-ups.

Moxon had asserted that such late call-ups are not ideal for Yorkshire as they are about to start their County Championship against Essex this Friday.

“We find ourselves in an impossible situation with these late replacement requests,” he said.

“We are concerned at this moment, that if we deny a player an opportunity, it would disappoint the player and he would not be able to focus on the game, this can be counterproductive,” he added.

Further expressing his concern over the future of County championship he said, “I will be chairing a meeting with other directors of cricket tomorrow for further discussions. With the increase in the number of T20 contarcts worldwide, we need to make sure that the future of the county championship does not get compromised.”

“We are looking forward for an introduction of a cut-off date after which the players would  not be allowed to participate in the IPL.”

He also said, “Hopefully this can gain approval of the ECB.”