DET vs ATL Dream11 Prediction NBA Live Fantasy Basketball Dream11 Team, Top Picks and Tips for Detroit Pistons vs Atlanta Hawks
Updated on: Oct 26, 2022 3:28 am IST
DET vs ATL Dream11: The NBA field is full of talented athletes and even when the lower-tier teams meet, the action is highly packed and we witness enthralling back-and-forth. The season has begun with a bang and some teams with low expectations have outperformed, especially the Utah Jazz, Portland Trail Blazers, and the San Antonio Spurs. Another team with low expectations Detroit Pistons will take on a loaded Atlanta Hawks unit.
The Detroit Pistons come into this game after suffering a 115:124 loss despite a 22 points outing by Cade Cunningham. This loss marked the second loss in three games for the team. On the other hand, the Hawks also suffered a 109:126 loss despite a 28 points effort by Trae Young. The Hawks have won two out of three games.
Host: Detroit Pistons
Visitors: Atlanta Hawks
Match Timing: 27 October, @ 04:30 AM
Venue: Little Caesars Arena
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Pistons will need to rev it up further
The Pistons look like a solid rebounding unit but their defense has ways to go. Jaden Ivey as the two-guard has added to the rebounding and the team now has five strong rebounders in Isaiah Stewart, Ivey, Cunningham, Saddiq Bey, and Jalen Duren. In their last game, they had 53 rebounds, 17 coming on the offensive end. They also made 18 triples on 42% but their overall shooting percentage of 39% was rather on the short side.
There are certain improvements on the offensive end and Cunningham is playing under more control to begin the season. Saddiq continues to be an on-and-off player whereas Jaden Ivey has shown huge promise. Bojan Bogdanovic has helped improve the offense but the overall defense needs a lot of work. The Pistons look better than last season but they are still not likely to make it to the Play-in tournament. Can they prove me wrong?
Promising backcourt for the Hawks
A backcourt of Murray and Young is sure to garner headlines and of course wins. It works well because while Trae is a strong shooter, Murray can drive to the hoop at a regular rate. However, Young is shooting below 33% and although that didn’t hurt in the first two games, in the last game, it did hurt. John Collins has improved in certain areas and his athleticism allows him to finish inside and has an improving outside game. Deandre Hunter has a big season ahead of him whereas Clint Capela and Onyeka Okongwu make for a solid inside duo.
The trouble is that in the absence of Bogdan Bogdanovic, their bench lacks an option that can create shots consistently. Trae needs to figure out his shooting woes because for the Hawks to succeed, he will need to perform at a high clip. But one big change from last season is that he can now afford to have more off-nights as DeJounte Murray can make up for his lack of production. Overall, the Hawks has a dependable scoring night but they will have to turn up big on the defensive end, something they lacked last season.
Atlanta Hawks | Detroit Pistons
Games: 03 | 03
Wins: 02 | 01
Defeats: 01 | 02
Detroit Pistons vs Atlanta Hawks NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Detroit Pistons Team News
- Alec Burks is OUT.
- Marvin Bagley III is OUT for the game.
Pistons Expected Starting Five
Sharpshooting Forwards: SF: Saddiq Bey | SF/PF: Bojan Bogdanovic
Middle: C: Isaiah Stewart
Guards: SG: Cade Cunningham| SG: Jaden Ivey
BENCH: Braxton Key, Saben Lee, Corey Joseph, Jalen Duren, Killian Hayes, Rodney McGruder, Buddy Boeheim.
Coach: Dwayne Casey
Atlanta Hawks Team News
- Bogdan Bogdanovic is OUT.
Hawks Expected Starting Five
Forwards: SF: De’Andre Hunter| PF: John Collins
Frontline: C: Clint Capela
Guards: PG: DeJounte Murray | PG: Trae Young
BENCH: Onyeka Okongwu, Trent Forrest, Jalen Johnson, Frank Kaminsky, AJ Griffin, Justin Holiday, Aaron Holiday, Vit Krejci, Tyrese Martin.
COACH: Nate McMillan
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Trae has been draining shots but not on a high clip, shooting around 32% which is sub-par. However, his outside shooting threat and playmaking continue playing a decisive role. I expect him to be in 26-33 points and 7-10 assists range. The Guard can be chosen as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Cunningham continues to lead the Pistons on the assists front and his scoring seems to improve consistently while he is an above-average defender. I believe he will be in 17-23 points, 5-8 assists, 4-6 rebounds, and 1-2 steals range here.
Murray slates in as a second ball-handler, who is as good as a playmaker as Trae, is a brilliant finisher at the rim, can play top defense, and yank down boards. I expect him to be in 18-24 points, 7-10 assists, and 6-10 rebounds range..
Athletic John only shot 3/12 in the last game but has begun the season with two 20+ points games and has become a double-double threat. He can be in 15-22 points, 8-13 rebounds, and 1-3 blocks range here
Two-Guard Ivey has had an impressive start to his career and has shown all-around prowess, shooting an efficient percentage. I expect him to be in 14-19 points, 7-10 rebounds, and 4-6 assists range here.
Bey is a hit-and-miss player. He can pop in a bunch of shots in a game and then struggle to find rhythm in the next one. I believe he will be in 14-19 points and 6-10 rebounds range here.
DET vs ATL DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Bojan Bogdanovic(DET): Bojan had 16 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists in the last game. Bogdanovic has bolstered the long-range shooting for Detroit and he is a pure shooter. I believe he will be in 17-23 points and 3-5 rebounds range here.
- Clint Capela(ATL): Clint had 14 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 1 steal in the last game. Center Capela’s production has fallen compared to his earlier years but he remains a firm rebounder, paint finisher, and defender. I expect a 8-14 points, 7-10 rebounds, and 1-3 blocks range.
- Isaiah Stewart(DET): Stewart had 11 points, 17 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. Stewart is a superb rebounder but his offensive game is average for his positon. I expect him to be in 8-13 points and 9-13 rebounds range here.
- Jalen Duren(DET): Jalen had 6 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks in the last game. Duren is a phenomenal rebounder and inside finisher who holds a lot of promise. I believe he will be in 6-12 points and 7-10 rebounds range.
- DeAndre Hunter(ATL): Hunter had 10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal in the last game. Wing Hunter plays a big supporting role and he can score in multitude fashions. I expect a 12-17 points and 3-5 rebounds range.
- Onyeka Okongwu(ATL): Okongwu had 10 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 1 steal in the last game. Onyeka is a like-for-like player for Capela off-the-bench. I believe he will be in 8-12 points and 6-9 rebounds range here.
- Cory Joseph(DET): Joseph had 10 points, 3 assists, 1 rebound in the last game. Joseph is a veteran player off the bench. I expect a 5-8 points and 2-4 assists range.
- Killian Hayes(DET): Hayes had 5 points, 2 assists, 1 block in the last game. Although he is a strong defender and a good passer, Killian’s shooting woes continue once again. I believe he will be in 4-7 points and 3-4 assists range.
- Justin Holiday(ATL): Holiday had 3 points, 1 block in the last game. Justin’s game has waned a bit and so has role. I believe he will be in 4-6 points and 1-2 steals/blocks range.
DET vs ATL Dream11 TEAM Prediction
PG: T Young(SP), C Cunningham(PP)
SG: K Hayes, J Ivey
SF: D Hunter
PF: J Collins, O Okongwu
C: C Capela
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
A young promising team in the Pistons meets a much more well-rounded Hawks unit, will there be an upset here when the improved Pistons take the floor? You can watch the live game by using the NBA League Pass. To know the scores, stats, and news, go to the official website of the NBA. For the highlights, go to the Official YouTube channel of the NBA.