CAN vs AUS Dream11 Prediction – FIBA World Cup 2019 | Canada vs Australia Fantasy Team
Updated on: Sep 1, 2019 1:30 pm IST
CAN vs AUS Dream11, FIBA World Cup 2019, Prediction and Fantasy Team News
Australia must learn from their pre-season defeat to Canada when they play the same opponent in their 1st game of the FIBA World Cup 2019 at Dongguan Basketball Center.
The pre-season games can be an indicator of a team’s true potential. It can give us a slight idea about how the team may fare in the tournament. That’s why Canada must be wary of the threat posed by the Boomers, especially after the momentum gained from an unthinkable 98-94 win over the mighty USA, which ended the defending champions’ 78-game winning streak.
What competition it is? 2019 FIBA World Cup
The match will be played between Canada and Australia at Dongguan Basketball Center, in Dongguan, China. The arena has a capacity of 15,000.
Match Day: September 01, 2019, @ 01:00 PM IST
Sony Sports Network has the rights to stream 2019 FIBA World Cup in India. Premier members can also catch the Live-Action on SonyLiv App.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
How did they qualify:
Won five times from six in the first round to qualify for the 2nd round. The 1936 Olympic Silver medalist sailed through the penultimate qualification round, as they won 10 times from 12 matches.
The Boomers found it quite easy in their qualification zone as they averaged around 100 points per game in the 1st round, winning five times in six games.
It was a similar story in the next round as well, as the 2017 Asian champions racked up 10 wins from 12 games.
CAN vs AUS Dream11 Team News:
- Canada appointed Nick Nurse as their head coach for the FIBA World Cup. The 52-year-old famously led Toronto Raptors to their first-ever NBA title last season.
- However, his job could be more difficult with the national team as a host of NBA superstars pulled out of the tournament.
- The most notables absentees are RJ Barrett and Nickeil Alexander-Walker.
- While in Cory Joseph (Sacramento Kings) and Khem Birch (Orlando Magic), Canada have NBA experience on their roster.
- Andrej Lemanis named a strong 12-man roster for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.
- The squad is full of stars plying their trade in NBA.
- While Jonah Bolden and Xavier Cooks are the first-timers.
Squad for the 2019 FIBA World Cup:
Kevin Pangos, Melvin Ejim, Brady Heslip, Cory Joseph, Kaza Kajami-Keane, Andrew Nembhard, Conor Morgan, Owen Klassen, Thomas Scrubb, Phil Scrubb, Khem Birch, Kyle Wiltjer, Aaron Best (Guard), Chris Boucher, O’Shea Brissett, Duane Notice
Aron Baynes, Andrew Bogut, Jonah Bolden, Xavier Cooks, Matthew Dellavedova, Cameron Gliddon, Chris Goulding, Joe Ingles, Nicholas Kay, Jock Landale, Patty Mills, Nathan Sobey
Players to watch out for: (Captain options):
Former Boston Celtics centre Aron Baynes is one of the many superstars from the NBA. The 32-year-old is a very wily customer who knows how to draw fouls and how to hurt the teams on turnovers.
- Points Per Game: 5.6
- Rebounds Per Game: 4.7
- Assists Per Game: 1.1
The 31-year-old San Antonio Spurs’ point-guard will be tasked with the scoring responsibilities, and he is more than capable of doing his job.
- Points Per Game: 9.9
- Rebounds Per Game: 2.2
- Assists Per Game: 3.0
Canada’s answer to Aron Baynes. The 26-year-old’s height will be an added advantage inside the paint.
- Points Per Game: 4.8
- Rebounds Per Game: 3.8
- Assists Per Game: 1.0
CAN vs AUS Dream11 Teams (Starting Lineup; Probables):
- Canada: Khem Birch, Kyle Wiltjer, Melvin Ejim, Phil Scrubb, Cory Joseph
- Australia: Aron Baynes, Jock Landale, Joe Ingles, Matthew Dellavedova, Patty Mills
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION
Australia will start the game as favourites.