DEN vs NOP Dream11 Prediction NBA Live Fantasy Basketball Dream11 Team, Top Picks and Tips for Denver Nuggets vs New Orleans Pelicans
Updated on: Feb 4, 2022 10:16 pm IST
DEN vs NOP Dream11: The NBA is a tough nut to crack. Years of working hard on your game and there are no guarantee you will make it in the league. Guards spend their energy pushing it up the floor, bigs have to work hard on the rebounding end and spend a lot of energy, fighting through contact. Wings have to perform multiple roles, fill in lanes, and also find ways to be effective on the defensive end. There are a lot of dynamics that are at play that makes an NBA game and no amount of description can suffice the hard work conducted by these players during the long course of the season.
Keeping that in mind, let us jump into this tussle between the New Orleans Pelicans and the Denver Nuggets. Jokic-led Nuggets are five games over the 50% win mark and despite the two-game losing streak, they have developed a winning system and have remained in the top-six places contention throughout the season. This is a crucial phase for the Nuggets who will look to solidify their position.
The Pelicans have been struggling for most parts and one win and twelve losses start has set them back big-time. Still, the team has been able to eke out some wins here and there, but still have 13 more losses than wins, yet, remain in the Play-in contention. Zion has been out all season long and the team has had to do a lot of heavy lifting.
Host: Denver Nuggets
Visitors: New Orleans Pelicans
Match Timing: 5 February, @ 07:30 AM
Venue: Ball Arena
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Nuggets: Jokic’s fight, Gordon is the key
Nuggets are largely dependent upon Nikola Jokic to scrap together quality offensive possessions and be a winning team night in and out. Jokic is the reigning MVP and he leads the team in virtually all major statistical categories. The Center has been highly productive and he makes players around him better and play at a high keel. Despite losing Michael Porter Jr. long-term and not fielding their leading guard Jamal Murray all season long, the team has been having a strong season, considering the overall dynamics.
Apart from Jokic, Gordon has had some strong offensive performances. The Forward has done a great job of picking up the slack on scoring and covering the void left by Porter and Murray. Gordon’s presence has enabled Jokic to not force the issue. On the other hand, Monte Morris and Will Barton have done their part to keep the offensive flow going while Jeff Green at the Forward position has had his moments too. Bones Hyland, Bryn Forbes, Austin Rivers, JaMychal Green, Davon Reed, and Zeke Nnaji have been a decent supporting cast too. Can the Nuggets make a push towards a 45-win season?
Pelicans: The fight is on
The Pelicans had a poor start to the season and that is the biggest reason why they have had to play catch-up for most of the season. With Zion Williamson out, the overall team balance for the Pelicans has taken a huge hit. Williamson helps to acquire big-time production in the paint and his physical tools are helpful to eke out quality on both ends of the floor. The team took a further hit recently when their top-two options in Valanciunas and Ingram went out, which meant four straight losses and the Pelicans can’t afford such losing runs anymore.
Still, I think the Pelicans have been able to stay afloat courtesy of the frontline tandem of Ingram and Valanciunas. Ingram is a dynamic scoring option at wing while Valanciunas has been muscling for boards all season long. Hart has also been in and out of the lineup and that is why it has been tough to salvage cohesion on both ends of the floor. Devonte Graham needs to pick his efficiency while rookie Herbert keeps growing at an impressive rate. The bench made up of Alexander-Walker, Alvarado, Hayes, Temple, Hernangomez, and Murphy III has potential, but they have to be more productive.
Denver Nuggets | New Orleans Pelicans
Games: 51| 51
Wins: 28| 19
Defeats: 23| 32
Denver Nuggets vs New Orleans Pelicans NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Denver Nuggets Team News
- Jamal Murray is OUT and heaven knows when he will return.
- Michael Porter Jr. is OUT and has no timetable to return.
- DeMarcus Cousins is OUT for the game and has missed the prior games.
- Vlatko Cancar is OUT for many weeks.
Nuggets Expected Starting Five
Wings/Forwards: PF: Aaron Gordon| PF: Jeff Green| SF: Will Barton
Middle: C: Nikola Jokic
Guards: PG: Monte Morris
BENCH: JaMychal Green, Bones Hyland, Austin Rivers, Bryn Forbes, Petr Cornelie, Davon Reed, Matt Ryan, Rayjon Tucker, Petr Cornelie, Carlik Jones.
New Orleans Pelicans News
- Didi Louzada, Garrett Temple, Willy Hernangomez are OUT for the game
- Josh Hart is QUESTIONABLE for the game
- Zion Williamson is OUT and he has not played all season long.
- Kira Lewis Jr. is OUT for the game and most likely done for the season.
Pelicans Expected Starting Five
Wings: SF: Brandon Ingram | SF: Herbert Jones
Middle: C: Jonas Valanciunas
Guards: SG: Josh Hart (QUESTIONABLE) | PG: Devonte Graham
BENCH: Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Jose Alvarado, Jaxson Hayes, Gary Clarke, Naji Marshall, Trey Murphy III.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Ingram is one of the best wings in the league and he has been scoring at a high clip throughout the season. The Forward has scored 22 or more in three of the last five games while dishing 4-8 assists and around 5 rebounds a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 34-44
Nikola Jokic(DEN) who missed the last game has been in the top form during all the season and he leads his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. Jokic is usually in the 21-27 points, 10-16 rebounds, and 6-11 assists range. Nikola is usually a favourite as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 49-61
Valanciunas has been a strong presence in the middle for the Pels throughout the season. The Center has usually been in the 16-22 points and 9-14 rebounds range recently.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 37-45
Rookie Herbert has taken advantage of the void left by Zion Williams in the main five due to which he has received massive minutes. Jones has been in the 11-16 points and has grabbed 4-7 rebounds while clinching 1 or more steals a game regularly.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 24-34
Aaron Gordon(DEN) who missed the last has been a great help in the frontcourt. The big Forward has scored 16 or more points in many games this season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 24-34
Will has been a constant all-around presence for the Nuggets and provides quality scoring, rebounding, and playmaking along with perimeter defense. The wing can be expected in 11-17 points, 4-6 rebounds, and 4-6 assist range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 26-40
DEN vs NOP DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Monte Morris(DEN) had 15 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 block in the last game. Monte has been in the 13-18 points range and in the 3-7 assists range as well.
- Devonte Graham(NOP) had 6 points, 5 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal in the last game. Devonte has been in the 11-15 points range while dishing 4-6 assists a game usually.
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker(NOP) had 14 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound, 2 steals, 1 block in the last game. Nickeil has usually been in the 8-14 points range this season.
- Bryn Forbes(DEN) had 26 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound in the last game. Will Forbes get such production with Jokic-Gordon back, I doubt. I think he is going to be in the 9-14 points range here.
- Jose Alvarado(NOP) had 10 points, 6 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal in the last game. Jose has had some strong games since January. I expect a 6-10 points and 3-6 assists range.
- Jeff Green(DEN) had 8 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist in the last contest. The wing has usually been in the 6-12 points range recently.
- Bones Hyland(DEN) had 10 points, 7 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 block in the last contest. Hyland has been inconsistent and can be off from the field. I expect a 5-8 points and 3-5 assists range.
- Jose Alvarado(NOP) had 4 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 2 steals in the last game. Alvarado has been usually playing for 12-16 minutes these days and the above production is what to be expected.
- Jaxson Hayes(NOP) had 6 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block in the last game. Jaxson can be expected to score in the 6-10 points and 4-7 rebounds range.
- Trey Murphy III(NOP) had 12 points, 5 rebounds in the last game. Trey has not been scoring this much.
- JaMychal Green(DEN) had 8 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals in the last game. JaMychal has been in the 8-9 points and 4-5 rebounds range recently.
- Austin Rivers(DEN) had 2 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal in the last game. Rivers has been up-and-down so depends what kind of night he is having.
DEN vs NOP Dream11 Team
PG: B Forbes, J Alvarado
SG: N Bones Hyland
SF: B Ingram(PP), A Gordon
PF: J Hayes
C: N Jokic(SP), J Valanciunas
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
What bad news for the Indian NBA fans when it comes to this game. This particular match will not be available on streaming services JIO and Voot, while the TV channels MTV and VH1 will also not be broadcasting it. So what to do? So, if you have some money to spare, you can buy an annual subscription to the NBA League Pass. The Annual subscription provides you access to the live streams of all the available games and you can also watch the full game replays if you are unable to catch the live stream. To get the scores of different games, visit the official website of the NBA.