HOU vs CLE Dream11 Prediction NBA Live Fantasy Basketball Dream11 Team, Top Picks and Tips for Houston Rockets vs Cleveland Cavaliers
Updated on: Feb 2, 2022 6:08 pm IST
HOU vs CLE Dream11: NBA is a strange world at times. There are teams that keep on thriving with injuries and there are teams that struggle even with healthy rosters. It is a must to establish a winning rhythm till December and if not anything, develop a 50% win record till January. And if nothing works, what do you do? Well, you can make trades and change the complexion, finding better fits, which reminds me that the trade deadline is merely a week away.
Anyway, in another NBA affair, the Houston Rockets will clash against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Rockets have been on a four-game losing streak and for a team that has been losing so many games in tandem each month during multiple windows, this is not a surprise. Houston is rebuilding and these struggles often come from a rebuilding squad.
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been terrific throughout the season. Rookie Evan Mobley and Darius Garland’s improved play has been responsible for the gain in wins compared to the last season. Meanwhile, the squad is definitely among the best defensive teams but now with Garland out, they can be tested more so than before.
Host: Houston Rockets
Visitors: Cleveland Cavaliers
Match Timing: 3 February, @ 06:30 AM
Venue: Toyota Center
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Cavaliers: It can be tough without Garland
Darius Garland brings a lot of scoring, perimeter defense, but more so than anything, electric passing. He is one of the main reasons why the team has been able to field two Centers, two Forwards in the lineup and have made it work. Darius has terrific chemistry with Mobley and knows when to find him, especially in half-court situations. With Garland out for this game, the team loses a quality perimeter shooter and also the assists leader.
Cedi Osman did have 12 assists in the last game but he shot poorly from the floor and it is Garland’s efficiency as a guard that was making Cavaliers effective. The defense can still be intact with the length of Okoro, Mobley, and Allen. Kevin Love brings brilliant rebounding and scoring off the bench while Rondo, Goodwin, and Stevens round off a decent bench. What returns will the Cavaliers get here without Garland?
Rockets: Loss is a theme
The Rockets are highly dependent upon Christian Wood to supply scoring and rebounding as the starting Center. Meanwhile, Eric Gordon, the veteran, has been scoring at a decent clip too. Garrison Mathews can shoot well from the perimeter while Point Guard Kevin Porter Jr. has picked up his game. However, the team’s defense has been slow this season and they are unable to close out on jumpers or stop the flow of points inside. If I were the management, I’d trade Gordon and Wood for some picks and develop the young players.
For me the lineup ahead can be Kevin Porter Jr. at one-guard, Jalen Green at two-guard, Tate at wing, Kenyon martin Jr. at big Forward, and Alperen Sengun at the Center with Josh Christopher, Armoni Brooks, and Mathews off the bench. My argument here is that the team is losing anyway and if they get some draft picks or young talent in exchange for Wood and Gordon, it will be worth it even if the team doesn’t even get to 20 wins.
Cleveland Cavaliers | Houston Rockets
Games: 51| 50
Wins: 31| 14
Defeats: 20| 36
Houston Rockets vs Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Houston Rockets Team News
- Usman Garuba is OUT For the game and will be gone for a couple of months
- John Wall is OUT and he may be returning soon.
Rockets Expected Starting Five
Wing: SF: Jae’Sean Tate
Middle: C: Christian Wood
Guards: SG: Eric Gordon | SG: Jalen Green | PG: Kevin Porter Jr.
BENCH: Kenyon Martin Jr., David Nwaba, Garrison Mathews, D.J. Augustin, Josh Christopher, Daniel Theis, Armoni Brooks, DeJon Jerraeu, Daishen Nix.
Cleveland Cavaliers Team News
- Collin Sexton is OUT for the game and will potentially miss the rest of the season.
- Ricky Rubio is OUT for the game and will likely remain out long-term.
- Lauri Markkanen is OUT for the game and perhaps will be back by the mid-February window.
- Darius Garland is OUT for the game
Cavaliers Expected Starting Five
Wings: F: Dean Wade | SF: Isaac Okoro
Middle: C: Jarrett Allen | C: Evan Mobley
Primary Ball-Handler: SF: Cedi Osman
BENCH: Kevin Love, Rajon Rond, LaMar Stevens, Dylan Windler, Ed Davis, RJ Nembhard Jr. Kevin Pangos, Brandon Goodwin.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Wood continues to be the scoring and rebounding leader for the Rockets this season and he has given them a huge boost in the middle. The Center has scored 20+ points and has grabbed 10+ rebounds along with 1+ block regularly these days. Christian can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 36-48
Allen is a rugged Center who helps out Cavaliers in terms of rebounding, inside scoring, and inside defense. A 13-18 points range, 10+ rebounds, and 1-2 blocks range is to be expected from Jarrett.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-42
Kevin Porter Jr.(HOU)
Kevin has lifted his scoring since January and along with his playmaking, he can help out the Rockets on the offensive end. Expect 14-19 points and 6-11 assists range from him.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 27-37
Mobley is my pick for the Rookie of the Year, more so because of his defensive abilities than any other reason. The high-octane Center has lodged 15-18 points, 5-9 rebounds, and 1+ block a game regularly this season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 27-36
Tate is a dependable wing and perhaps the only stable perimeter defender for an otherwise fragile Rockets’ defense. The SF has usually scored in the 10-15 points while grabbing 3-6 rebounds a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 17-26
Love continues to be a productive big and he has been huge off the bench for the Cavs. Kevin has been scoring 15 or so points and grabbing 6-11 rebounds a game regularly these days.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 26-34
HOU vs CLE DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Eric Gordon(HOU) had 12 points, 1 rebound in the last game. Eric has been usually scoring in the 10-16 points range this season.
- Cedi Osman(CLE) had7 points, 12 assists, 2 rebounds in the last game. 12 assists are not the usual expectation from Cedi but he got so many without Garland in the fray. I expect 13-18 points and 5-7 assists from him here.
- Brandon Goodwin(CLE) had 21 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal in the last game. Brandon got minutes with Garland out of the picture. I expect a 10-15 points range from Brandon here.
- Garrison Mathews(HOU) had 11 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal in the last game. Mathews has done well in the capacity of an off-guard, scoring 10 or more regularly this season.
- Isaac Okoro(CLE) had 14 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. A 10-14 scoring range can be expected from Isaac here.
- Lamar Stevens(CLE) had 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks in the last contest. The Forward has usually figured in the 6-8 points range.
- Rajon Rondo(CLE) had 5 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists in the last contest. Rondo hasn’t shot well recently and could have earned more minutes if not for that. I expect 6-9 points and 4+ assists range here from Rajon.
- Jalen Green(HOU) had 10 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. The rookie has struggled to shoot these days, still, a 10-15 points range is to be expected.
- Josh Christopher(HOU) had 13 points, 5 assists, 1 rebound in the last game. Christopher has scored 11-13 points in three games straight while dishing around 3 assists.
- Alperen Sengun(HOU) had 2 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. The Center has been in this range recently.
HOU vs CLE Dream11 Team
PG: R Rondo, J Green
SG: K Porter
SF: C Osman
PF: K Love, E Mobley
C: C Wood(SP), J Allen(PP)
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
This contest will not be broadcast on Television channels MTV and VH1, meanwhile, the streaming services such as Voot and JIO TV will also not showcase this match for the Indian viewers. That is why if you are a regular NBA viewer, who follows most of the squads in the league then it is a must to acquire the Annual Subscription of the NBA League Pass through which you can get access to all live streams and also get the full game replays from the earlier seasons too. To get the score, stats, and news, go to the official website of the NBA.