NYK vs BOS Dream11 Prediction NBA Live, Fantasy Basketball Dream11 Team, Top Picks and Tips for New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics
Updated on: Jan 6, 2022 10:13 am IST
NYK vs BOS Dream11: COVID-19 has indeed played a spoilsport this season when it comes to the NBA but the league has kept going due to the flexible rules related to quarantine and the accommodation of ten-day deal players. And till the league keeps grinding out games, writers, readers, and enthusiasts of the league will engage with it.
Here we engage with a battle between the New York Knicks and the Boston Celtics. Both teams are on the same tangent record wise and below the 50%-win record, having various issues during the season. The Celtics have 20 losses and 18 wins while the Knicks have the same record. Well, considering the talent level, both teams have underperformed.
Knicks have a wonderful all-around big Forward in Julius Randle but the shooters around him have not been as efficient. Fournier, Burks, Barrett, and Walker have all been up-and-down scoring-wise. New York has some terrific young talent in Quickley, Toppin, and Grimes, but I think they lack a regular playmaker at the one guard which has held them back.
The Celtics have a loaded team and on paper, they are as deep as any other squad in the league. However, once again, it hasn’t translated on the court and the deep-seated issues for Boston keep resurfacing at a regular level. Neither the team has a defensive nor an offensive identity which has led to unclarity regarding roles.
Host: New York Knicks
Visitors: Boston Celtics
Match Timing: 7 January, @ 06:00 AM
Venue: Madison Square Garden
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Knicks: They have a lot of potential
I think the current Knicks set-up is a 7+ assists playmaker away from being an effective squad on the offensive end. Players like Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Quinten Grimes, RJ Barrett, and Mitchell Robinson are all young talent with different sets of abilities but the team lacks someone who can generate quality looks for these youngsters by attracting the defense regularly. I believe except Julius Randle who has had his own issues, the team has a consistent player. Fournier’s play leaves a lot to be desired and the Guard has had games with 0, 4, 6 points at times while Burks has been playing up-and-down too. Young Barrett needs to work on his shot selection while I think there is high level of inconsistencies in the coaching scheme. The Knicks look like they will need some top-notch playmaker to make things happen but who will they stake to get one?
Celtics: No strong window
Celtics are yet to win four in a row this season, and every time they look to make a winning run, well, it is stifled in a grueling manner. Boston’s fan base has been annoyed and they have every reason to do so. Now tell me, when you have two 25+ points scorers, two 15+ points scorers, two talented bigs, a bench player who can notch 10+ regularly, why would you lose this much! When you have five-six great individual defenders, why would your defense fail? Why so many losses when really, teams crave to get such balance in all spheres, whether it is playmaking, scoring, rebounding, defense, or individual smarts. The Celtics are a classic example of a roster showing championship-level promise on paper and delivering below-par results. There must be some team chemistry issues or perhaps the coaching system hasn’t worked at all so far.
Boston Celtics | New York Knicks
Games: 38| 37
Wins: 18| 18
Defeats: 20| 20
New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
New York Knicks Team News
- Derrick Rose is OUT for the game and will miss months of action.
- Nerlnes Noelis QUESTIONABLE for the game
- Kemba Walker is OUT for the game due to an injury
Knicks Expected Starting Five
Middle: C: Mitchell Robinson PF: Taj Gibson
Guards: SG: Alec Burks SG: Evan Fournier SG: RJ Barrett
BENCH: Immanuel Quickley, Obi Toppin, Miles McBride, Nerlens Noel(QUESTIONABLE), Kevin Knox II, Damyean Dotson, Quinten Grimes.
Boston Celtics News:
- Payton Pritchard is in COVID-19 protocols
- Brodric Thomas is QUESTIONABLE
Celtics Expected Starting Five
Wing: SF: Jayson Tatum
Middle: PF: Al Horford C: Robert Williams III
Guards: SG: Jaylen Brown PG: Marcus Smart
BENCH: Josh Richardson, Dennis Schroeder, Romeo Langford, Grant Williams, Jabari Parker, Willy Hernangomez, Sam Hauser, Bruno Fernando, Aaron Nesmith, Enes Freedom
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Tatum has been one of the best wing scorers in the league and a wonderful isolation option for years now. Even if Playoffs’ success has eluded him, the wing is still young and can still make a deep Postseason run at some point in his career as an ace scorer. Jayson has scored in the 24-34 points range usually this season. He is an option for Star/Pro Player in the Dream11 NBA scenario.
RJ shot 12/20 from the field in the last game, i.e. 60%, which has not been the case for the Guard. Well, Guards usually don’t shoot that much on average but RJ has had some tough shooting games nonetheless. The Guard has usually scored in the 14-18 range but the last game may signify some change.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-38
Brown is as good as a scorer as Tatum and he has become a consistent 24+ points option like him. The off-guard has lodged 30 or more twice in a row, including a prolific 50 points night. He has grabbed 6 or more rebounds in four games straight too.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 26-41
Randle has been the ace for this Knicks team once again this season, however, he has had some windows with inconsistent games. Randle has scored 20 or more in three of the last five games, scrapping 10-16 rebounds, and dishing 2-5 assists a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 36-57
Alec Burks(NYK )
Burks is a primetime isolation player who has usually played around 25 minutes regularly this season. His scoring has been up-and-down but he has acquired 3 or more steals in three of the last four games.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 20-
Smart has been a dynamic all-around guard for the Celtics for many seasons now and Marcus plays a crucial role on the defensive, playmaking, and scoring end. He has scored 14 or more in four of the last five games, dishing 3-7 assists as well in that window.
NYK vs BOS Dream11 Lineup Balancers
- Mitchell Robinson(NYK) bagged 8 points, 8 rebounds in the last game. The above figures are a reflection of the season averages acquired by Robinson. He has grabbed 8 or more rebounds in three of the last four games.
- Dennis Schroeder(BOS) bagged 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in the last match. Dennis has been inconsistent in terms of offense recently but has scored 15 or more in two games straight.
- Robert Williams III(BOS) scooped up 6 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal in the last game. Robert has grabbed 11-14 rebounds a game mostly since late December.
- Evan Fournier(NYK ) had 1 rebound, 2 assists. Evan has been highly inconsistent. He has figured in 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 range but in most games hasn’t reached the 20s that much.
- Immanuel Quickley(NYK ) had 11 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. Quickley has scored 9 or more in three of the last four games.
- Taj Gibson(NYK ) had 4 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. The veteran Forward has continued to be a factor in this league, he has scrapped 6-8 rebounds a game recently.
- Obi Toppin(NYK) had 2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. The Power Forward hasn’t received many minutes when Robinson has been playing. Are the limited minutes affecting his growth?
- Al Horford(BOS) scrapped 4 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists in the last game. Horford has scored under 10 usually but has grabbed 7-10 rebounds, and has dished 5-8 assists a game regularly.
- Josh Richardson(BOS) had 7 points, 2 rebounds in the last game. He has scored in 7-9 range but he has some 17+ points outings too regularly this season.
NYK vs BOS Dream11 Team
PG: D Schroder
SG: J Richardson, A Burks
SF: J Brown
PF: J Tatum, J Randle, O Toppin
C: T Gibson
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
A piece of great news for the Indian NBA viewers, the game is now available on platforms other than the NBA League Pass. There are two streaming services that will undertake the duties of the live stream in the form of Voot and JIO TV. Still, I’d say a diehard NBA fan should get the annual subscription of the NBA League Pass where one can have access to all live games and also the full game replay. To follow the score, simply scoot over the official website of the NBA.