Manish Pandey : A star of 2008 Under 19 World Cup triumph, Manish Pandey was once considered as the next big thing in Indian cricket as his class, his temperament were compared directly with Virat Kohli. It took him almost 7 years to break into the national side in an away series against the minnows Zimbabwe after some worth performances in the IPL which included a century in the 2009 edition against Deccan Chargers Hyderabad while playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore. At the tender age of 19 he scored that ton and was the first ever Indian to score an IPL hundred. He got into the limelight when he got a call-up in the midway of Australian series in 2016 where India were already 3-0 down, that is where he got his first ODI ton in a winning cause in the fifth ODI and also prevented a whitewash.
Karnataka, Board President XI, India Under-19s, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Pune Warriors, India Blue, India A, South Zone, Kolkata Knight Riders, India, Mumbai Indians, India A T20, Mysuru Warriors.
Nature on field:
Likes to play against:
Pakistan and Australia
Half sweep-half flick shot
Manish Pandey Batting Stats
• He is the first Indian to score a century in the IPL. Playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore, he scored a match-winning 114 off 73 balls against Deccan Chargers Hyderabad in 2009 edition played in South Africa.
Top scorer in the 2009-10 Ranji Trophy as he amassed 882 runs.
Career Turning Point
Got a call-up for the tour of Australia in January 2016 where he hit his maiden ODI century in the 5th match of the series.
Playing Play station, Listening Music etc.
Rahul Dravid and AB de Villiers.
Favourite Cricket Ground:
Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore and Eden Gardens, Kolkata
Favourite sports personalities:
Prawns, Biriyani, Pani Puri and Masala Puri
Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan
Every Second Count by Lance Armstrong and Sally Jenkin
• He was born in Nainital, he came to Bangalore with his family at the age of 15. His father was with the India Army. When his father transferred to Rajasthan a few years later, he decided to stay back in cricket.
• Manish started playing cricket when he was in third grade. His coach Mr Sathish trained him from childhood until he joined KSCA.
• His role model is Rahul Dravid.
• He once thought of joining the Indian Army until he scored his first century of the IPL.
• He was the part of India’s 2008 Under19 squad which was led by the current