Sachin Tendulkar Wife, Age, Height, Biopic, Coach, Batting Records, Stats, Net Worth, Cars
Updated on: May 24, 2023 6:51 pm IST
Sachin Tendulkar, referred to as The God of Cricket, the biggest icon ever in the sport, is worshipped as a God by cricket fans. Tendulkar is the most prolific batsman in the history of cricket, scoring more centuries and runs in both Test and one-day formats than any other player.
Why Sachin Tendulkar is called God of Cricket?
The sheer quality of his batsmanship, matchless stroke-making and always letting his bat do the talking made Tendulkar more recognisable than any other cricketer. From a teenager taking on the best Pakistani attack to scoring his 100th century at 38, Tendulkar has enjoyed more than two decades at the top of the game, and rewrote the history.
|Nickname||Master Blaster, Maestro, God of Cricket|
|Profession:||Cricketer (Retired), Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha 2012-2018)|
|Playing It My Way (2014)|
|Sachin: A Billion Dreams|
|5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||24 April 1973|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|School||Indian Education Society’s New English School in Bandra East (Mumbai), Shardashram Vidyamandir School in Dadar (Mumbai)|
|College||Khalsa College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||College Dropout|
Sachin Tendulkar Family
|Father||Ramesh Tendulkar (Novelist)|
|Mother||Rajni Tendulkar (Worked as an Insurance Agent)|
|Sister||Savita Tendulkar (Elder, Half-sister)|
|Brother||Nitin Tendulkar (Elder, Half Brother),
Ajit Tendulkar (Elder Half brother)
Sachin Tendulkar Coach
|Address||19-A, Perry Cross Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai|
|Test debut||Pakistan v India at Karachi, Nov 15-20, 1989|
|ODI debut||Pakistan v India at Gujranwala, Dec 18, 1989|
During debut series in Pakistan
|Teams||India, Mumbai, Yorkshire, Mumbai Indians|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Straight Drive|
Sachin Tendulkar Stats
Most test runs: 15921
Most ODI runs: 18426
Most International appearances: 664
The only batsman to score 100 International hundreds
First batsman to score ODI double hundred
Most runs in Cricket World Cup: 673 (2003 WC)
Most ODI runs and hundreds in a calendar year: 1894 runs and 9 centuries (1998)
|Hobbies||Playing Tennis, driving, listening to music|
|Favourite Batsmen||Sunil Gavaskar, Sir Vivian Richards, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma|
|Favourite Bowlers||Wasim Akram, Anil Kumble, Shane Warne, Muttiah Muralitharan, Glen McGrath|
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Sydney Cricket Ground, Wankhede Cricket Stadium|
|Favourite sports personalities||John McEnroe, Roger Federer|
|Favourite Food||Bombay Duck, Prawn Curry, Chingri Prawns, Mutton Biryani, Sushi, Baigan Bharta, Crab Masala|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit, Aamir Khan, Nana Patekar|
|Favourite Films||Sholay, Coming to America|
|Favourite Musicians/Singers||SD Burman, Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Bappi Lahiri, Dire Straits, U2|
|Favourite Destinations||New Zealand, Mussoorie|
Sachin Tendulkar Cars
|Nissan GT-R, BMW “30 Jahre M5″Limited Edition, BMW i8, BMW X5 M50d, BMW 760Li, BMW X5M|
Sachin Tendulkar Wife
|Marriage Date:||24 May 1995|
|Children:||Sara Tendulkar (Daughter), Arjun Tendulkar (Son)|
Sachin Tendulkar Net Worth
|1250 crore INR (as on 2023)|
Sachin Tendulkar Bharat Ratna
Tendulkar was conferred with India’s highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna, in 2014. He is the youngest sportsperson to receive the award.
- Tendulkar received the Arjuna Award in 1994 for his outstanding sporting achievement, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 1997, India’s highest sporting honour, and the Padma Shri and Padma Vibhushan awards in 1999 and 2008.
- Tendulkar is the first sportsperson and the first person without an aviation background to be awarded the honorary rank of group captain by the Indian Air Force.
- In 2002, Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack ranked Tendulkar the second greatest Test batsman of all time, behind Don Bradman, and the second greatest ODI batsman of all time, behind Viv Richards.
- In 2012, he was named an Honorary Member of the Order of Australia.
- In 2010, Time magazine included Sachin in its annual Time 100 list as one of the “Most Influential People in the World.”
- In 2013, he was the only Indian cricketer included in an all-time Test World XI named to mark the 150th anniversary of Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack.
- In 2003 Cricket World Cup, Tendulkar was the player of the tournament.
Match Fixing Charges
In 2001, Tendulkar was slapped with a ban of one game by match referee Mike Denness in light of alleged ball tampering. Television cameras suggested that he may have been involved in cleaning the seam of the cricket ball.
Sachin Tendulkar Facts
- Tendulkar is referred to as the ‘God of Cricket’ by Indian cricket followers.
- Tendulkar took up cricket at the age of eleven.
- Tendulkar was involved in an unbroken 664-run partnership in a Lord Harris Shield inter-school game against St. Xavier’s High School in 1988 with his friend and teammate Vinod Kambli.
- In 1987, at the age of 14, Tendulkar attended the MRF Pace Foundation in Madras (now Chennai) to train as a fast bowler, but Australian fast bowler Dennis Lillee, who took a world record 355 Test wickets, was unimpressed and suggested that he should focus on his batting instead.
- Sachin served as a ball boy in the 1987 Cricket World Cup when India played against England in the semifinal in Bombay.
- On 20 January 1987, Tendulkar turned out as a substitute for Imran Khan’s side in an exhibition game at Brabourne Stadium in Bombay.
- In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas-born player to represent Yorkshire, which prior to Tendulkar joining the team, never selected players even from other English counties.
- Sir Donald Bradman considered Tendulkar to have a batting style similar to his. In his biography, it is stated that “Bradman was most taken by Tendulkar’s technique, compactness and shot production, and had asked his wife to have a look at Tendulkar, having felt that Tendulkar played like him. Bradman’s wife, Jessie, agreed that they did appear similar.
- Tendulkar, by a distance, is the most worshipped cricketer in the world. One of the most popular sayings by his fans is “Cricket is my religion and Sachin is my God.” However, on God, Tendulkar himself is reported to have said “I am not God of cricket. I make mistakes, God doesn’t.
- Tendulkar made a special appearance in the Bollywood film Stumped in 2003, appearing as himself.
- Tendulkar sponsors 200 underprivileged children every year through Apnalaya, a Mumbai-based NGO.
Follow us on Google News