Tamim Iqbal (Bangladesh Cricketer): Profile, Records, Wife, Controversies, Age, Weight, Height and More
Updated on: Jun 19, 2019 3:39 pm IST
Tamim Iqbal is the highest run-getter in the history of Bangladesh Cricket. A left-hand opening batsman, Tamim was the breakout star for Bangladesh in 2007 Cricket World Cup.
Name: Tamim Iqbal
Test Debut: vs New Zealand on 4th January 2008
ODI Debut: vs Zimbabwe in Wellington on 9th February 2007
T20I Debut: vs Kenya in Nairobi on 1st September 2007
Career Turning Point: N/A
Jersey Number: #28 (Bangladesh)
Major Teams: Bangladesh, Asia XI, Chittagong Vikings, Peshawar Zalmi and Duronto Rajshahi.
- Highest run-getter for Bangladesh in Test and ODIs
- Only Bangladeshi to score a ton in all three formats of the game.
Date of Birth: 20th March 1989
Age (as of May 2019): 30 Years
Birth Place: Chittagong, Bangladesh
Zodiac sign/Sun sign: Pisces
Educational Qualifications: N/A
Girlfriends, Spouse and Children
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Ayesha Siddiqui
Marriage Date: N/A
Children: Son: Mohammad Arham Iqbal
Awards and recognitions
- Wisden Cricketer’s Almanac’s and Wisden’s Test Player of the Year in 2011.
- He was also named as ‘International Elite Player’ for the inaugural Caribbean Premier League in 2013
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 64 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Father: Iqbal Khan
Mother: Nusrat Iqbal
Brother: Nafees Iqbal
Address: Chittagong, Bangladesh
Cricketers: Sanath Jayasuriya and Shahid Afridi
Cricket Ground: N/A
Lesser Known Facts
- The passion for the cricket came early in his life because of his Uncle and brother who were also professional cricketers.