1 to 100 jersey number in cricket
Updated on: Nov 2, 2022 9:18 am IST
1 to 100 jersey number in cricket – The jersey numbers in cricket were first used in the 1999 World Cup, where captain wore the jersey number 1 while others wore from number 2 to 15. Now, the players choose their favourite numbers, some are based on the numerology belief, astrology, birthdate, and some take it as random.
1 to 100 Jersey number in cricket
Let’s look at 1 to 100 jersey number in cricket and the stories behind those
|3||Jacques Kallis, Yuzvendra Chahal|
|4||Paul Riefell, Amir Hamza|
|17||AB de Villiers
|71||Colin De Grandhomme|
|75||Shakib Al Hasan|
- Herschelle Gibbs started to change jersey numbers every year in 2005, and started with 5,6,7,8,and 9 during retirement in 2009.
- Virat Kohli dedicated his jersey number 18 to remember his father, who died when the former Indian captain was 18 years of age.
- Yuvraj Singh was born on 12 December(12th month) at Sector 12 in Chandigarh and kept his jersey number as 12 as well.
- Sachin Tendulkar originally wore jersey with number 99, but changed to 10 on the advice of the astrologer, which in turn helped him in the career.
- MS Dhoni was born on 7 July(7th month) and kept his jersey number as 7.
- Rohit Sharma’s lucky number is 9, but could not wore the same jersey number. But with his mother advice, his jersey number was fixed at 45(4+5=9).
- Morne Morkel kept his jersey number as 65, corresponding to his height of 6 feet 5 inches.
- Rahul Dravid changed his jersey number from 5 to 19, which serves as a reminder for his wife’s birthday.
Follow us on Google News
For daily fantasy sports tips on your mobile phone, Fill out the form below