AUS vs ENG: Possible England Playing 11 for 3rd Ashes Test
Updated on: Dec 24, 2021 12:32 pm IST
Possible England Playing 11: England need a quick turnaround of fortune as they look to stay alive in the series in the Boxing Day Test. England have lost the first two Tests, and will be desperate to avoid defeat at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, which will also results in a series loss. As for England, it was the same issue in the second Test as usual, as only Dawid Malan and Joe Root played meaningful knocks in the first innings.
Several changes are expected to be ringed in for the third Test, with the likes of Jonny Bairstow, Zak Crawley and Mark Wood all anticipating a call up.
3rd Ashes Test Team News
- Either of Rory Burns or Haseeb Hameed is set to be dropped for the third Test. Scores of 6 and 0 against Australia in the second Test will most likely see Hameed dropped for Zak Crawley.
- Dawid Malan bats at number three, with Joe Root coming in at number four. Ben Stokes will bat at number five, with a change imminent at number six.
- Jonny Bairstow will replace Ollie Pope at number six, as the latter scored just 9 runs in the second Test.
- Jos Buttler bats at number seven to complete the batting order.
- Chris Woakes could pick up just one wicket at Adelaide, but his role as a batter cannot be ignored. Chris Woakes holds his place in the team, and so does Ollie Robinson.
- Mark Wood returns to the side, replacing either of James Anderson or Stuart Broad. Jack Leach could also be considered for selection.
ENG Playing 11 (likely)
Zak Crawley gets his much awaited opportunity to open batting for the visitors, alongside a struggling Rory Burns. Only Dawid Malan and Joe Root have looked comfortable so far, and they will play a key role once again. The return of Jonny Bairstow sees him accompanying Buttler and Stokes in the middle order.
Chris Woakes is pretty handy with the bat, and he will come in at number 8. Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood will be the pacers for England. The visitors might have felt that they missed a trick not playing a spinner in the second Test, hence, Jack Leach might be called back to the starting 11.
- Zak Crawley
- Rory Burns
- Dawid Malan
- Joe Root
- Jonny Bairstow
- Ben Stokes
- Jos Buttler (wk)
- Mark Wood
- Ollie Robinson
- Chris Woakes
- Jack Leach
Joe Root (Captain), Ben Stokes, James Anderson, Jonathan Bairstow, Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Dawid Malan, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood
Also Read: Girlfriend of Young Indian Cricketers
Who are Dream11 captain, vice captain picks for Australia vs England from ENG?
1. Joe Root vs Australia in Ashes
2. Ben Stokes vs Australia in Ashes
3. Dawid Malan vs Australia in Ashes
4. Ollie Robinson vs Australia in Ashes
Also Read: Indian Cricketer Jersey Numbers Details
For more cricket news, click here