The United States has been one of the rising associate nations in the international cricket. The players who have not been able to get better opportunities in their respective nations, have shifted to USA. The Indian players like Smit Patel and Unmukt Chand who were a part of the Indian U-19 team and were prominent players for Gujarat and Delhi respectively recently shifted to USA. While, experienced all-rounder Corey Anderson also was few of the initial players who went to the States. These players will feature in the Minor and Major Cricket League, and then will be eligible to play for the country.
The experienced batsman of the USA team, Jaskaran Malhotra who has been the part of NCA Bengaluru has hit six sixes during an ODI match against Papua New Guinea on 9 September. The batter hit six sixes in the 50th over of the innings and finished it in some style.
Watch the video:
Jaskaran Malhotra hit 173* off 124 balls to help the USA team to post a total of 271 on the board. On reply, The Papua New Guinea could score only 137 runs and lost the game by 134 runs.
The terrific innings of Jaskaran Malhotra along with six sixes created new records in the ODI cricket.
1. First-ever ODI Hundred by American Batsman
2. Second Cricketer to hit Six Sixes in ODIs after Herschelle Gibbs in 2007 ODI World Cup.
3. Fourth Player across all formats to hit six sixes in an over
4. Second highest Sixes (16) in an ODI innings after Eoin Morgan’s 17 sixes against Afghanistan in 2019 World Cup.
5. Highest Score by a no.5 batsman in ODIs (previous best Ab De Villiers)
For more cricket news, click here