SL vs UAE Dream11 Prediction, Playing 11, Top Picks, Fantasy Cricket Tips for T20 World Cup 2022 Sri Lanka vs United Arab Emirates Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Oct 18, 2022 1:07 pm IST
SL vs UAE Dream11 Prediction : The World Cup has commenced and the very first day we witnessed all the four teams of Group A in action. The first match of the world cup turned out to be an upset as Namibia beat the Lankans by a huge margin of 55 runs. The Sri Lankans leaked too many runs at the death and none of the batters stood up with the bat. UAE, on the other hand, lost a close fought game against Netherlands. Netherlands just managed to get past UAE by 3 wickets with a ball to spare.
SL vs UAE Dream11 Team Prediction for Today Match
Sri Lanka Vs United Arab Emirates, Match 6 of T20 World Cup
18 October, 1:30 PM IST
Simonds Stadium, Geelong.
Where to watch SL vs UAE Live?
Watch SL vs UAE Live on Star Sports Network. Online streaming will be available on the Disney + Hotstar app.
T20 World Cup 2022 Points Table
|Group A Points Table|
Sri Lanka vs United Arab Emirates Pitch Report
The pitch offers assistance to both batters and bowlers and can get slower as the match progresses. The par score is expected to be 150-160 runs. The dimensions on the square of the wicket are quite short and batters would look to exploit that part of the ground.
Last result at the venue
Namibia (163/7 in 20 overs) beat Sri Lanka (108 all out) by 55 runs.
Netherlands(112/7 in 19.5 overs) beat United Arab Emirates (111/8 in 20 overs) by 3 wickets.
Sri Lanka – W W W W L
United Arab Emirates – L L L L L
SL Playing 11
- Sri Lanka faced a massive defeat to the hands of Namibia which means they did not just lose the game but lost it big, which had an effect on their Net Run Rate. They will have to win by a big margin in order to get through to the Super 12.
- Namibia were 95/6 at the end of 15 overs. From thereon, they went on to put up a total of 163. The Asia Cup Champions gave away 68 runs in 5 overs. Sri Lanka will have to improve their death bowling if they want to give themselves any chance of a Super 12 berth.
- None of the batters clicked against Namibia. The game against Namibia comes as a wake up call for the Sri Lankans and they should assess their game and find solutions to their problems.
1. Pathum Nissanka
2. Kusal Mendis(wk)
3. Dhananjaya de Silva
4. Bhanuka Rajapaksa
5. Danushka Gunathilaka
6. Dasun Shanaka (C)
7. Wanindu Hasaranga
8. Chamika Karunaratne
9. Dushmantha Chameera
10. Pramod Madushan
11. Maheesh Theekshana
Maheesh Theekshana Stats in T20I
The right arm off break bowler has just begun his career and he has still managed to create an impact with his off breaks. He was the pick of the bowlers even in the game against Namibia.
|25||23||6.49||0||1/29, 1/29, 2/21, 1/25, 1/27|
Pathum Nissanka Stats in T20I
Pathum Nissanka might not be as explosive as his opening partner but his ability to pace his innings and steady the run flow for his team has been widely appreciated. He can be as lethal as anyone if he is on song.
|30||810||28.93||7/0||35(28), 52(37), 55(48), 8(11), 9(10).|
UAE Playing 11
- UAE gave a great fight to the Netherlands to defend a score as low as 111. However, they need to improve their batting. Apart from Muhammad Waseem all the other batters failed to impress.
- Junaid Siddique impressed everyone with his bowling and he was the pick of the bowlers for UAE.
- UAE need to better their efforts on the field. The captain CP Rizwan put down a regulation catch which cost them the match. Thus, UAE need to pull up their socks and field well in the next game.
- Given the nature of the result, UAE are expected to play the same side for this encounter.
1. Chirag Suri
2. Muhammad Waseem
3. Vriitya Aravind(wk)
4. CP Rizwan(C)
5. Basil Hameed
6. Zawar Farid
7. Afzal Khan
8. Kashif Daud
9. Karthik Meiyappan
Muhammad Waseem Stats In T20I
Muhammad Waseem has been exceptional with the bat for UAE. A lot relies on his shoulders if UAE are to have any kind of a chance for the next round. His striking ability has grabbed quite a lot of attention in recent times.
Junaid Siddique Stats In T20I
Junaid Siddique was the pick of the bowlers against Netherlands. It was due to his bowling that UAE at one stage looked good enough to defend a total as low as 111.
Who will win Sri Lanka vs United Arab Emirates today match?
- Both the teams did not have a good opening game and they should look to pounce upon the opportunity and gain some momentum going ahead in the tournament.
- Sri Lanka have faced UAE only once in T20I and the Sri Lankans have got the better of their opponents in that game.
- Sri Lanka look stronger on paper as compared to UAE, but yeah, be ready for upsets.
Considering form, head to head record and morale of both sides, Sri Lanka are favourites to win as per our Sri Lanka vs UAE today match prediction.
SL vs UAE Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keeper: Kusal Mendis
Batters: Muhammad Waseem, Pathum Nissanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa,
All-rounder: Wanindu Hassaranga, Dasun Shanaka, Afzal Khan
Bowlers: Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Karthik Meiyappan, Junaid Siddique.
SL vs UAE Dream11 Captain and Vice Captain
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Pathum Nissanka, Muhammad Waseem.
For Grand League: Wanindu Hassaranga, Muhammad Waseem.
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips