A reliable middle-order batsman with the ability to both anchor and finish the innings, Travis Head has been a talked about name in Australia’s domestic circuit ever since he made his debut back in 2011.
A swashbuckling left-handed batsman with an incredible ability to stroke the ball, Head rose to fame when he smoked a century to take his side Adelaide Strikers to a win from a desperate situation in the 2015-16 BBL.
Head made his ODI debut against the Windies in 2016 and has thus far scored 1258 runs at an average of 37.0. With Warner and Smith out of the reckoning for a year, Head was fast-tracked into the Australia A side for the tour to India as an audition for the Test side.
With 206 runs at an average of 51.50, Head emerged as the leading run-scorer and has been named in Australia’s Test side for the tour of the UAE.
|Profession:||Australian Cricketer (Wicketkeeper Batsman)|
|Weight (approx.):||74 kg|
|Date of Birth:||December 29, 1993|
|Age (as on 2018):||25|
|Birth Place:||Adelaide, South Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Capricorn|
|ODI:||June 13, 2016, vs Windies at Warner Park|
|T201:||January 26, 2016, vs India at the Adelaide Oval|
|Jersey Number:||#62 (Australia), #43 (IPL, County Cricket)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Australia, Adelaide Strikers|
|Nature on the field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to Play against||India and England|
|Favourite stroke||Switch Hit|
|Career Turning Point|
- He was named Player of the tournament in the 2012-13 National Championship.
- He smoked a swashbuckling hundred to take his side Adelaide Strikers home in the 2015-16 BBL. An international call-up followed against India in the T20 series.
|Hobbies:||Playing Golf and Football|
|Favourite Batsmen:||Adam Gilchrist and Ricky Ponting|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Mitchell Johnson|
|Favourite Football Team:||N/A|
|Favourite sports personalities:||N/A|
|Favourite TV Shows:||NA|
|Smoking/Alcohol:||Not Known/ Yes|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Awards and recognitions|
- Head came into the limelight when he scored the fifth fastest KFC T20 Big Bash League history (53 balls).
- He was recently named the captain of the touring Australia A team to India.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Head’s favourite superhero character is Superman.
- In 2013, was hit by a car while leaving North Adelaide’s Old Lion hotel after celebrating his side South Australia’s Shield win against Victoria. He received injuries to his head and back.