ARG vs COL Dream11 Team Prediction | Copa America 2019 – Argentina vs Columbia, Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Oct 22, 2020 1:51 pm IST
ARG vs COL Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Lionel Messi’s latest attempt to win an international trophy with his country begins on Sunday as Argentina play Columbia in their first match of Copa America 2019 at Fonte Nova Arena.
Messi’s stature as one of the best in the world is well and truly secure, but the common perception is that in terms of pure skills and the ability on the ball, there has never been a player of that calibre. But Messi has to deliver at the international level if he is to be considered as the best ever to grace the game.
This Copa America 2019 match will be played between Argentina and Columbia at Fonte Nova Arena, in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. The ground has a capacity of 50,000.
The game will start at 03:30 AM (IST), on Sunday, June 16.
No Indian broadcaster has the rights to telecast Copa America 2019 matches in India.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Argentina – L W L L W W
Columbia – W L W L W W
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Argentina biggest strength is their attack. With the likes of Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero, Paulo Dybala, Lautaro Martinez and Angel di Maria in the squad, Lionel Scaloni has his hands full of players who can win the games on their own.
But beyond them, the team lacks the depth. Right from the goalkeeping position up to the midfield, it’s a team that is largely inexperienced at the international level.
The goalkeeping remains an issue with Scaloni trying five different players in the last five matches. Though, River Plate’s Franco Armani looks ahead in the pecking order and should start the game.
While seven defenders from the backline account for a combined 115 caps with Nicolas Otamendi boasting 62 of those.
Argentina squad for the Copa America:
- Goalkeepers: Franco Armani, Agustín Marchesín, Esteban Andrada
- Defenders: Juan Foyth, Nicolás Tagliafico, Renzo Saravia, Germán Pezzella, Ramiro Funes Mori, Milton Casco, Nicolás Otamendi
- Midfield: Leandro Paredes, Roberto Pereyra, Marcos Acuña, Ángel Di Maria, Guido Pizarro, Rodrigo De Paul, Guido Rodriguez, Giovani Lo Celso
- Forwards: Sergio Agüero, Lionel Messi, Matias Suárez, Paulo Dybala, Lautaro Martínez
Argentina Probable XI: Armani (GK), Saravia, Otamendi, Pezzella, Acuna, Rodriguez, Paredes, Lo Celso, Messi, Pereyra, Aguero
Columbia are studded with top world class talent and the sqaud looks failry balance.
The technical ability of James Rodriguez, Juan Cuadrado and Radamel Falcao will give Carlos Queiroz enough room for variation, while Mateus Uribe, Luis Muriel and Edwin Cardona have in them to impact the match.
Squad for the Copa America:
- Goalkeepers: David Ospina, Álvaro Montero, Camilo Vargas
- Defenders: Dávinson Sánchez, Yerry Mina, Cristian Borja, Santiago Arias, Cristian Zapata, William Tesillo, John Lucumí, Stefan Medina
- Midfielders: Gustavo Cuéllar, Mateus Uribe, Wílmar Barrios, Jéfferson Lerma, James Rodríguez, Edwin Cardona, Juan Cuadrado
- Attackers: Radamel Falcao, Luis Muriel, Duván Zapata, Luis Díaz, Roger Mártinez
Columbia Probable XI: Ospina (GK), Arias, Sanchez, Mina, Tesillo, Cuadrado, Barrios, Uribe, Rodriguez, Falcao, Muriel