LEI vs NEW Dream11 Grand League Prediction – Newcastle United vs Leicester City | European Cup
Updated on: Aug 28, 2019 4:33 pm IST
LEI vs NEW Dream11 | Dream11 Grand League Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
The 2nd round of League Cup, commonly known as Carabao Cup, will see two Premier League teams in Newcastle United and Leicester City facing each other at St. James’ Park.
MATCH Info: European Cup
When: August 29, 2019, 12:15 AM
Where: St. James’ Park
LEI vs NEW Dream11 MATCH PREVIEW:
Newcastle United are coming into this game after a wonderful weekend where they ripped the Mickey out of every possibility, winning 0-1 away at Tottenham Hotspur. The win was Toons’ first under Steve Bruce in three games and should give them confidence as they prepare to face Leicester in the next game.
Brendan Rodgers meanwhile revealed that he will be taking the Cup competitions seriously this season, unlike his predecessor Claude Puel.
- The Toons could be without six first-team players, who were involved against Tottenham Hotspur.
- The likes of Joelinton (groin), Christian Atsu (fatigue), Lascelles (calf), Fabian Schar (cut), and Alain Saint-Maximin (hamstring) all either picked up injuries or knocks at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- In addition, Miguel Almiron (ankle) remains a doubt after picking up an injury in the last game. He will be assessed before the game.
- While young midfielder, Sean Longstaff may be rested here after the 21-year-old put in a tireless display against Spurs.
- It is likely that his younger brother Matty Longstaff could start the game in place of his older brother.
- Yoshinari Muto is expected to lead the lines for the hosts, with Ki Sung-yueng, Jetro Willems coming into the playing 11.
- Ben Chilwell missed the last two games for Leicester City due to an ankle injury.’s last two games due to an injury and is expected not to be risked by Rodgers in this game. The 22-year-old is the team’s only injury absentee ahead of this game.
- Christian Fuchs will once again start at left-back.
- James Justin is in line to make his competitive debut for Leicester at right-back.
- Wes Morgan should start at center-back, with either Çağlar Söyüncü or Jonny Evans starting alongside him.
- Demarai Gray could start the game, having challenged by the manager to work hard and unlock his true potential.
LEI vs NEW Dream11 Grand League Picks for Captains & Vice-Captains:
Yoshinori Muto: The Japanese international has featured from the bench in the opening two league games and is in line to change it here.
The 27-year-old is more than just a back-up to Joelinton, is talented enough to make his own spot in this team.
- Direct runs
- Short passing
- Likes to take shots from the edge of the Box
Demarai Gray: He is incredibly talented, but his progress has been static in the last year or so, for some reasons unknown. But with Brendan Rodgers at the helm now, the 23-year-old may feel could regain his lost touch. Regardless, Gray is definitely a danger on any given day.
- Games: 34
- Goals: 04
- Assists: 01
- Finesse shots
James Maddison: It’s been some time that we saw a natural and a technically gifted player in England’s midfield. The 22-year-old’s stock is rising with every game with bigger clubs circling around Leicester for his signature. If he plays, he can be the difference here.
- Games: 36
- Goals: 07
- Assists: 07
- Through balls
LEI vs NEW Dream11 Grand League Scenarios:
Newcastle United to edge the game:
- Goalkeeper: Darlow
- Defenders: Morgan, Fuchs, Justin, Ritchie
- Midfielders: A Perez, Tielemans, Sung-Yueng, Hayden, Shelvey
- Attackers: Muto