PSG vs REN Dream11 Team Prediction | French Super Cup – Paris Saint-Germain vs Rennes , Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Aug 2, 2019 6:31 pm IST
PSG vs REN Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Ligue 1 Champions Paris Saint-Germain will take on Rennes in the French Super Cup, with the capital club still feeling hurt after the surprise loss in the Coupe de France final against the same opponents.
Superstar Kylian Mbappe told the club website ahead of the match that he and his teammates will be looking for the revenge:
“There’s definitely a little bit of revenge in the air for the team. The new season is starting and losing to Rennes in the Coupe de France final hurt us. For me, it is a new season and we’ll give everything in order to try to win the trophy.”
— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) August 2, 2019
On paper, PSG are a far superior side, and the 39 points gap between these two teams last season is proof of PSG’s prowesses.
When Rennes met the Parisians in the French Cup Final, punters and the betting agencies threw all their support behind the mighty PSG, with the odds of 1/30 favoring Thomas Tuchel‘s side heading into that all-important final.
And when Tuchel’s team went up 2-0 after just 20 minutes, the title-win looked inevitable for the mighty PSG. But Rennes proved too stoic, first forcing a mistake as Presnel Kimpembe scored an own goal, and then center-back Edson André Sitoe headed in the leveler in the 66th minute.
Mbappe lost his cool in the extra-time, receiving a straight red card in the 118th minute while Rennes rode their luck as they went on to win the penalty shoot-out 6-5.
The French Super Cup match will be played between Paris Saint-Germain and Rennes at Shenzhen Universiade Sports Centre, in Longgang, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China. The ground has a capacity of 60,334.
The game will start at 05:00 PM (IST), on Saturday, August 03.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Paris Saint-Germain – L L W W L W
Rennes – W L W D L W
Paris Saint-Germain Team News:
- Thomas Tuchel will be without a host of superstars for the clash against Rennes for different reasons.
- First and foremost, Neymar is set to serve the last of his three-game ban, handed out to him for an altercation with the fan after the final against Rennes.
- While German star Julian Draxler is suspended as well due to the accumulation of yellow cards.
- In addition, Presnel Kimpembe is lacking the match fitness and Tuchel confirmed that the French International will miss the match.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- First-team regulars such as Thiago Silva, Angel Di Maria, Marquinhos, Leandro Paredes and Eric-Maxim Choupo-Moting featured in the summer tournaments for their respective countries and Tuchel may not involve them here.
- Idrissa Gueye joined the French giants from Everton, but won’t be involved following his involvement in the Africa Cup of Nations.
- That said, new signing Abdou Diallo and Thilo Kehrer are expected to form a partnership at the back.
BREAKING: PSG and Everton have agreed a £28million fee for Idrissa Gueye.
— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) July 24, 2019
- Former Manchester United player Ander Herrera is expected to partner Marco Verratti in the heart of the midfield, while Mbappe and Cavani will start in the forward positions.
Paris Saint-Germain Probable XI:
Alphonse Areola (GK), Juan Bernat, Abdou Diallo, Thilo Kehrer, Thomas Meunier, Marco Verratti, Ander Herrera, Angel di Maria, Jese, Kylian Mbappe, Edinson Cavani
Rennes FC Team News:
- Like Thomas Tuchel, Rennes manager Julien Stephan has to deal with the absence of some key players for the clash against PSG.
- Ismaila Sarr, Ramy Bensebaini, M’Baye Niang, and Hamari Traoré all played at the Africa Cup of Nations, and will not be involved.
- While striker Jordan Siebatcheu is listed as out and won’t be featuring here.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Midfielder Flavien Tait has joined Rennes this summer and will be hopeful of making his competitive debut against PSG.
Rennes Probable XI:
Tomas Koubek (GK), Damien Da Silva, Gerzino Nyamsi, Jeremy Gelin, Faitout Maouassa, James Lea Siliki, Jakob Johansson, Clement Grenier, Flavien Tait, Benjamin Bourigeaud, Adrien Hunou
Potential Game Changers:
- Kylian Mbappe
- Edinson Cavani
- Marco Verratti
- Adrien Hunou
- Benjamin Bourigeaud
Likely to score:
- For Paris Saint-Germain: Kylian Mbappe, Edinson Cavani
- For Rennes: Benjamin Bourigeaud, Adrien Hunou
PSG vs REN Dream11 potential winner:
PSG will start the match as firm favorites.