ROM vs MLT Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Romania’s 3-game unbeaten run came to an end against Spain in the last game. The 1-2 home loss has left them with a must-win situation when Malta pay them a visit for their next Euro 2020 Group F qualifier match at Ilie Oană Stadium.
Malta, on the other hand, are seeing their hopes of being in an unlikely scenario, which is to be in contention for the qualification, getting dashed slowly with each passing game. As things stand, a huge 7 points separate them from 2nd place.
The European Qualifiers match will be played between Romania and Malta at Ilie Oană Stadium, in Ploiești, Romania. The ground has a capacity of 15,500.
The game will start at 09:30 PM (IST), on Sunday, September 08.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Romania – W L W D W L
Malta – D W L L L L
Romania Team News:
- Nicușor Bancu remains on the injury list and will miss the game against Malta. The 26-year-old midfielder, who can also play as a left-back, is the only player on the Romania’s injury list at the moment.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Alexandru Chipciu is set to return to the lineup after missing the Spain game due to a suspension. The 30-year-old right-back is expected to start ahead of Romario Benzar, who despite being a right-sided midfielder, was shoehorned at right-back in the last game.
- Florin Andone came off the bench to score a goal and is pushing for a start here. If the Galatasaray striker starts, Claudiu Keșerü may be the guy making way for him in the starting 11.
Here is Romania’s squad:
Romania squad for the next two Euro 2020 qualifiers:
- Goalkeeper: Florin Niță, Andrei Radu, Ciprian Tătărușanu
- Defenders: Alin Toșca, Romario Benzar, Ionuț Nedelcearu, Florin Ștefan, Adrian Rus, Vlad Chiricheș, Dragoș Grigore
- Midfielders: Alexandru Chipciu, Alexandru Maxim, Nicolae Stanciu, Gheorghe Grozav, Ianis Hagi, Alexandru Cicâldău, Ciprian Deac, Răzvan Marin, Paul Anton, Adrian Păun, Mihai Bordeianu
- Attackers: George Pușcaș, Claudiu Keșerü, Florin Andone
Romania Probable XI:
Tatarusanu (GK), Alexandru Chipciu, Ionuț Nedelcearu, Chiriches, Grigore, Tosca, Deac, Marin, Stanciu, Puscas, Keseru / Andone
Malta FC Team News:
- No injury concerns for the visitors. All the players from the 23-man squad named by head coach Ray Farrugia are available for selection.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Ray Farrugia made some tactical changes to his playing 11 for the game against Norway following a 0-4 home loss against Romania in June.
- The 63-year-old went with a 3-man backline, with Joseph Mbong and Juan Corbalan playing on either wing, while left-back Joseph Zerafa remained on the bench.
- Considering Malta looked far more organized and disciplined, we expect the manager to stick with the same game plan.
- That said, Luke Gambin and Alfred Effiong will both be looking for a start here.
- Goalkeepers: Justin Haber, Andrew Hogg, Henry Bonello
- Defenders: Steve Borg, Joseph Zerafa, Karl Micallef, Andrei Agius, Ferdinando Apap, Joseph Mbong, Zach Muscat, Jurgen Pisani, Dexter Xuereb
- Midfielders: Triston Caruana, Juan Corbalan, Paul Fenech, Jake Grech, Dunstan Vella, Nikolai Muscat, Rowen Muscat
- Forwards: Alfred Effiong, Jean-Paul Farrugia, Luke Gambin, Kyrian Nwoko
Malta Probable XI:
Henry Bonello (GK), Steve Borg, Andrei Agius, Zach Muscat, Joseph Mbong, Paul Fenech, Dunstan Vella, Juan Corbalan, Jake Grech, Rowen Muscat, Kyrian Nwoko
Likely to score:
- For Romania: George Pușcaș, Claudiu Keșerü, Florin Andone
- For Malta: Kyrian Nwoko, Nikolai Muscat, Paul Fenech
- GK: Tatarusanu
- Defenders: Chiriches, Stefan, Muscat, Agius
- Midfielders: Gambin, Vella, R Marin, Hagi
- Attackers: Andone, Nwoko
- Captain: Andone
- Vice-captain: Nwoko
ROM vs MLT Dream11 potential winner:
Romania are the clear favorites to win the game.