Malaga vs Atletico Madrid
La Liga, Spain
A hapless Malaga will have a mountain of a task to cut out when they host a formidable Atletico Madrid this Saturday. Having lost 1-0 to Las Palmas in their last game, Malaga’s hopes of defying relegation are all but over. Atletico Madrid, on the other hand, would look to keep up with leaders Barcelona as they remain to be the only side possible of challenging for the top spot.
When: February 10th, 04:15 PM Local Time
Where: La Rosaleda, Malaga
Malaga Team News:
- Chory Castro returns from a ban for the home side and will have to compete with Isaac Success for a start on the left wing.
- Brown Ideye is expected to lead the line once again alongside Adrian, with Borja Baston also fit if needed.
- Recio was substituted last weekend with an injury problem, with new signing Mehdi Lacen ready to replace him if required.
Form (Recent first): L D D L L L
Last Result: (H) Las Palmas 1-0 Malaga
Probable XI and Subs:
Roberto; Ricca, Miquel, Hernandez, Rosales; Samu, Bueno, Iturra, Keko; Adrian and Ideye
Subs: Lacen, Bueno, Isaac, Juanpi, and Prieto
GK: Roberto, Prieto, and Gönen
Defenders: Hernandez, Gonzalez, Miquel, Juankar, Ricca, Rosales, and Torres
Midfielders: Iturra, Rolon, Lacen, Recio, A. Gonzalez, Kuzmanović, Añor, and Bueno
Forwards: Success, Lestienne, Keko, Garcia, D. Rolan, Chory Castro, Ideye, En-Nesyr, Peñaranda, and Borja Bastón
Key Players: Zdravko Kuzmanović and Ideye
Atletico Madrid Team News:
- Diego Godin is out with a dental problem after having a tooth punched out against Valencia last weekend.
- Stefan Savic is also sidelined with a hamstring problem, which will mean that Lucas Hernandez and Jose Gimenez feature at centre-back.
- Filipe Luis should be fit to start at left-back once again after spending a few weeks on the sidelines.
Form (Recent first): W W L D L W
Last Result: (H) Atletico Madrid 1-0 Valencia
Probable XI and Subs:
Oblak; Godin, Hernandez, Gimenez; Saul, Koke, Gabi, Vitolo; Correa, Griezmann; Gameiro.
Subs: Moya, Gabi, Torres, Juanfran, and Carrasco
GK: Oblak, Werner, and Moya
Defenders: Godin, Gimenez, Savic, Hernandez, Filipe Luis, Vrsaljko, and Juanfran
Midfielders: Thomas, Koke, Gabi, and Ñíguez
Forwards: Diego Costa, Fernando Torres, Carrasco, Griezmann, Vitolo, Correa, Gaitán, and Gameiro
Greizmann and Oblak
An upset is least likely to be on cards as Atletico have managed to stay consistent in the league this season. After defeating rivals Valencia in their last game, their confidence is further boosted. Malaga on the other hand have no positive going into the game with their stay in the Spanish top flight stares at an end. The final scoreline we expect will read 2-0 in favour of the visitors Atletico Madrid.
MAG vs ATL Fantasy Team: