Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04
FC Schalke will be facing an acid test in their bid for the top-4 when they make a visit to the Allianz Arena to face leaders Bayern Munich. With RB Leipzig on 38 points and sides in the race for top-4 also expected to win their respective games, a win has become a must for Schalke. However, given Bayern’s ruthless form, Schalke would be happy to return home from Munich even with a single point.
When: February 10th, 11:00 PM IST
Where: Allianz Arena, Munich
Bayern Munich Team News:
- Jérôme Boateng is struggling with illness, meaning Niklas Süle could partner Mats Hummels at centre-back again.
- Javi Martínez and Thiago are back in team training and the former could make his comeback in defensive midfield here.
- Arturo Vidal could get a chance in central midfield, if Thomas Müller does not recover from a knock in time.
Form (Recent first): W W W W W W
Last Result: Bayern Munich 6-0 Paderborn (H), DFB Cup Quarter-Final
Probable XI and Subs:
Ulreich; Kimmich, Süle, Hummels, Alaba; Martinez, Vidal; Robben, James, Coman; Lewandowski
Subs: Starke, Bernat, Rafinha, Ribery, and Wagner
GK: Neuer, Ulreich, Starke, and Früchtl
Defenders: Hummels, Boateng, Süle, Götze, Alaba, Bernart, Kimmich, and Rafinha
Midfielders: Martínez, Rudy, Dorsch, Thiago, Toliso, Vidal, Rodríguez, and Benko
Forwards: Coman, Ribéry, Robben, Müller, Lewandowski, and Wagner.
Lewandowski and James Rodriguez
FC Schalke 04 Team News:
- Benjamin Stambouli should replace the suspended Matija Nastasic in the back-three.
- Leon Goretzka, who will join Bayern Munich at the end of the season, competes with Nabil Bentaleb for a spot in central midfield.
- Marko Pjaca offers a further options in attacking positions.
Form (Recent first): W L W D L W
Last Result: FC Schalke 1-0 Wolfsburg DFB Cup Quarter-final
Probable XI and Subs:
Fährmann; Kehrer, Naldo, Stambouli ; Caligiuri, Meyer, Goretzka, Oczipka; Pjaca, Burgstaller, Harit
Subs: Embolo, Teuchert, Caligiuri, Stambouli, and Konoplyanka
GK: Fährmann, Nübel, and Langer
Defenders: Nastasic, Kehrer, Stambouli, Insua, Naldo, Baba, Oczipka, and Riether
Midfielders: Goretzka, Bentaleb, Max Meyer, McKennie, Caligiuri, Schöpf, and Harit
Forwards: Pjaca, Konoplyanka, Tekpetey, Embolo, Burgstaller, Di Santo, and Teuchert
Key Players: Goretzka and Burgstaller
While Bayern will be having one eye on their Champions League fixture later next week, Schalke will be desperate to get a draw at least and stay in the top-4 race. A draw for Schalke might look on the cards some other day, but given Bayern’s ruthless form, a defeat for Schalke is all what seems to be the likely outcome. Our final prediction calls for a 2-1 win for Bayern Munich.
SCH vs BAY Fantasy Team: