Toulouse vs Paris Saint Germaine
Ligue 1, France
Toulouse’s relegation battle will undergo an acid test when they host PSG this Saturday. With just one point keeping them above the relegation zone, a defeat would certainly see them fall back into the relegation zone unless all the teams below them too fail to garner even a single point from their respective fixtures. For table toppers PSG, it will be one last chance to prepare to big game against Real Madrid next week in the UEFA Champions League.
When: February 10, 04:00 PM Local time
Where: Stadium Municipal, Toulouse
Toulouse Team News:
- Issa Diop should start here after missing the win at Nice through suspension.
- Ibrahima Sangaré will miss out for an accumulation of bookings.
- Look for Alexis Blin to get a rare start in midfield, especially if Mickael Debeve sticks to a 4-3-3.
Form (Recent first): W W L L D L
Last Result: (H) OGC Nice 0-1 Toulouse
Probable XI and Subs:
Lafont; Moubandje, Jullien, Diop, Amian; Imbula, Cahuzac, Blin; Gradel, Sanogo, Jean
Subs: Goicoechea, Durmaz, Mubele, Bodiger, and Toivonen
GK: M. Vidal, Lafont, and Goicoechea
Defenders: Issa Diop, Jullien, Yago, Fortes, Moubandje, Amian, and Michelin
Midfielders: Imbula, Blin, Bodiger, Cahuzac, Sebban, Somalia, Sebban, Sylla, Sangaré, and Boisgard
Forwards: Gradel, Durmaz, Jean, Mubele, Delort, Toivonen, and Sanogo
Gradel and Imbula
Paris Saint Germain Team News:
- With one eye on next week’s match against Real Madrid, Neymar was rested in midweek, but should return here.
- Ángel Di María was brilliant again in midweek, and that could see Kylian Mbappé dropped to the bench.
- Adrien Rabiot missed the win over Sochaux with injury and remains a doubt here.
- Giovani Lo Celso should come back into midfield after being suspended for the Coupe de France.
- Thiago Motta came off the bench in midweek in a return from injury, but is unlikely to start here.
Form (Recent first): W W W W W L
Last Result: PSG 4-1 Sochaux (H) French Cup, Round of 16
Probable XI and Subs:
Areola; Alves, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Kurzawa; Verratti, Celso, Pastore; Di Maria, Cavani, Neymar
Subs: Trapp, Mbappe, Nkunku, Diarra, and Lucas
GK: Trapp, Areola, and Sébastien Cibois
Defenders: Thiago Silva, Presnel Kimpembe, Marquinhos, Thomas Meunier, Yuri Berchiche, Layvin Kurzawa, and Dani Alves.
Midfielders: Marco Verratti, Thiago Motta, Angel Di Maria, Lassana Diarra, Giovani Lo Celso, Harem Ben Arfa, Christopher Nkunku, Julian Draxler, Adrien Rabiot, and Javier Pastore.
Forwards: Edinson Cavani, Neymar Jr, and Kylian Mbappe.
Neymar and Verratti
With 14/1 being the odds for a Toulouse, one can imagine how lopsided this game is expected to be. It is only a matter of how many goals PSG manage to score. With their last meeting ending in a 6-2 win for PSG against Toulouse, at least 3 goals can be expected from PSG. Our final scoreline prediction goes 4-1 victory for PSG.
TOU vs PSG Fantasy Team: