PHI vs ITA Dream11 Prediction – 2019 FIBA World Cup | Philippines vs Italy Fantasy Team
Updated on: Aug 31, 2019 4:18 pm IST
PHI vs ITA Dream11, 2019 FIBA World Cup, Prediction and Fantasy Team News
Italy open their 2019 FIBA World Cup campaign with a game against the Philippines in Group D.
Both the teams will be looking to start the campaign with a win, knowing getting the one over mighty Serbia will be an uphill task. So in a sense, the 2nd place is what the remaining three teams, including the fourth team Angola in this group, will be fighting for at the group stage.
What competition it is? 2019 FIBA World Cup
The match will be played between the Philippines and Italy at Foshan International Sports & Cultural Arena. The arena has a capacity of 14,700.
Match Day: August 31, 2019, @ 05:00 PM IST
Sony Sports Network has the rights to stream 2019 FIBA World Cup in India. Premier members can also catch the Live-Action on SonyLiv App.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
How did they qualify:
Placed in Group D alongside Netherlands, Romania and Croatia, Italy topped the group and didn’t find any difficulties in qualifying for the 2nd and the penultimate round.
The Italians accumulated 20 points on their way to a 2nd place finish, behind Lithuania, and qualified for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.
Philippines: A second-place finish in Group B handed them a place in the 2nd round, where, after an initial struggle, they managed to finish 4th.
Though the Philippines finished fourth in the group, they still managed to qualify for the World Cup by the virtue of being the best 4th-placed team in the qualifying rounds.
PHI vs ITA Dream11 team News:
- Head coach Romeo Sacchetti dropped Brian Sacchetti and Giampaolo Ricci from Italy’s squad for the World Cup.
- While New Orleans Pelicans’ Nicolo Melli is out injured.
- Phillippines will have to cope without the services of their biggest superstar Jordan Clarkson. The Cleveland Cavaliers man failed to get clearance from FIBA and is not in the squad.
- The team has a mixture of both experienced and young talent on their roster.
- A lot will depend on how June Mar Fajardo and Andray Blatche do in China, while there is a lot of hope from youngsters such as Robert Bolick, CJ Perez, and Kiefer Ravena.
- Marco Lassiter, Poy Erram and Matthew Wright all miss out due to injuries.
Squad for the 2019 FIBA World Cup:
Paul Biligha, Luca Vitali, Danilo Gallinari, Daniel Hackett, Amedeo Della Valle, Marco Belinelli, Alessandro Gentile, Ariel Filloy, Jeff Brooks, Amedeo Tessitori, Awudu Abass, and Luigi Datome
Philippines: Head coach Yeng Guiao named a strong 12-man squad for the 2019 FIBA World Cup. Here is the squad:
Andray Blatche, Robert Bolick, Japeth Aguilar, Raymond Almazan, Mark Barroca, June Mar Fajardo, Paul Lee, RR Pogoy, Kiefer Ravena, Gabe Norwood, CJ Perez, Troy Rosario.
Players to watch out for: (Captain options)
Danilo Gallinari: An absolute superstar. And the fact that he is coming off a very very solid season in NBA, makes the 31-year-old an outright candidate for the most points in this game.
- Points Per Game: 19.8
- Rebounds Per Game: 6.1
- Assists Per Game: 2.6
Marco Belinelli: The San Antonio Spurs’ superstar had a solid end to the season as he averaged around 15 points per game.
- Points Per Game: 10.5
- Rebounds Per Game: 2.5
- Assists Per Game: 1.7
Gabe Norwood: The captain of the team. He is undoubtedly the most experienced player on Philippines’ roster. Worth having on your roster.
PHI vs ITA Dream11 Teams (Starting Lineup; Probables):
- Philippines: June Mar Fajardo, Andray Blatche, Gabe Norwood, Almazan Raymond, Jaymar Perez
- Italy: Danilo Gallinari, Luigi Datome, Alessandro Gentile, Marco Belinelli, Daniel Heckett
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
There’s not a lot between these two teams. But Italy may just edge this game due to the more experience on their roster.