Glenn Maxwell Wife, Age, IPL, Teams, Stats, Ex Girlfriend, Net Worth
Updated on: Sep 19, 2022 12:18 pm IST
Glenn Maxwell is a right-handed explosive batsman for Australia. His career turning point would be his quick 19-ball half-century against Tasmania in the Ryobi One-Day Cup 2011.
|IPL Team||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Wife Name||Vini Raman|
|Height||6 ft 0 in|
Maxwell was born in Kew, Victoria, Australia on October 14, 1988, and from a young age, he started playing junior cricket. He began his career with junior cricket club as a batsman later became pace and spin bowler and eventually becoming a brilliant fielder. He plays for ‘Victoria’ and ‘Melbourne Stars’ of Australia in domestic cricket. Furthermore, he has played in many IPL franchises such as Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals), Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab. The teammates named him ‘The Big Show’ because he was known for playing risky shots with utmost ease that used to create stress on the field.
Nickname: The Big Show and Maxi
Role: Middle order batsman, off break bowler
Eye Colour: Light blue
Hair Colour: Black
- Date of Birth: 14 October 1988
- Birth Place: Kew, Victoria, Australia
- Zodiac sign: Libra
- Nationality: Australian
- Father– Neil Maxwell
- Mother– Joy Maxwell
- Brother– Daniel Maxwell
- Sisters– N/A
- Coach/Mentor: NA
- Religion: Christianity
- Address: Melbourne, Australia
- Test debut: India v Australia at Hyderabad (Deccan), Mar 2-5, 2013
- ODI debut: Afghanistan v Australia at Sharjah, Aug 25, 2012
- T20I debut: Australia v Pakistan at Dubai (DSC), Sep 5, 2012
- Jersey Number: 32
- Major Teams: Australia, Victoria, Cricket Australia Chairmans XI, Melbourne Renegades, Delhi Daredevils, Hampshire, Melbourne Stars, Mumbai Indians, Surrey, Australia A, Kings XI Punjab, Yorkshire, Royal Challengers Bangalore
Glenn Maxwell stats and records
- Fastest domestic 50 by an Australian, as he scored a 19-ball fifty for Victoria against Tasmania in Ryobi One-Day Cup 2011.
- Joint-fastest 50 for Australia in ODIs which he scored against India in Bangalore in 2013.
- Joint-fastest 50 of 18-balls for Australia in T20 along with David Warner, against Pakistan in Mirpur.
- Hobbies: Listening music
- Favourite Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Adam Gilchrist, Micheal Hussey, Jonty Rhodes and Michael Bevan
- Favourite Bowler: Shane Warne
- Favourite Food: Chicken
Glenn Maxwell Wife
- Marital Status: Married
- Glenn Maxwell Wife name: Vini Raman
- Glenn Maxwell Ex girlfriend: Candice Wyatt, Jayne Egeberg
Awards and recognitions
- In the 2014 IPL season, he received the ‘ Player of the Game ‘ award four times.
- the ‘fastest ODI century by an Australian’ and the ‘second-fastest century in World Cup history’ in the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- Glenn joined the list of elite players in 2017, becoming the second Australian batsman to score centuries in all three formats of cricket.
- During Australia’s T20 tour of India in the year 2019, Maxwell became the first Australian and world’s third cricketer to score three T20 centuries. He also won the ‘Man of the Match’ and ‘Man of the Series’ award in the same series.
- Maxwell was exposed to a match-fixing scandal. However, he denied all the allegations.
- Due to his dismissal in a 2014 Champions League T20 match, Maxwell hit the dustbin in frustration but later he apologized.
- Maxwell was forced to bat left-handed at primary school because he was too good to be bowled-out!
- He was the most expensive player in the 2013 IPL Auction where Mumbai Indians paid him USD 1 million.