Shivnarine Chanderpaul (Former West Indies cricketer) Wife, Weight, Height, Age, Records and More
Updated on: Jun 27, 2019 4:39 pm IST
(West Indies Cricketer)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul is one of the three players whose international career spanned over two decades. Chanderpaul scored more than 20,000 runs in international cricket and is the second most in Tests after Lara for West Indies.
|Date of Birth:||16 August 1974|
|Age (as on 2018):||44 years|
|Birth Place:||Unity Village, Guyana|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Leo|
|Test:||17 March 1994 vs England|
|ODI:||17 October 1994 vs India|
|T20:||16 February 2006 vs New Zealand|
|Jersey Number:||#6 (West Indies, Guyana, Khulna Royals Bengal)|
|Major Team:||West Indies, Derbyshire, Durham, Guyana, Guyana Amazon Warriors, Khulna Royal Bengals, Lancashire, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Stanford Superstars, Uva Next, Warwickshire, Warwickshire 2nd XI|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
|Career Turning Point|
- Chanderpaul toured England with the West Indies Under-19 cricket team to England in 1993, which earned him West Indies call-up.
- Chanderpaul has second most Test runs (11,867) for West Indies, just 87 runs behind Brian Lara’s all-time record.
- Chanderpaul is the first West Indian captain to score a ton on Test captaincy debut.
- Chanderpaul holds the record for batting for the longest period of time (1,513 minutes) without being dismissed. He faced 1,051 balls in that inning, the highest by any batsman without being dismissed.
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Children:||Tagenarine Chanderpaul (Guyana cricketer)|
|Awards and recognitions|
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year 2008
- ICC Player of the Year 2008
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Chanderpaul was considered to have the crabbiest batting technique in world cricket.
- Chanderpaul used anti-glare stickers under his eyes to refract the sunlight.
- There is a street named Shiv Chanderpaul Drive after him in Georgetown, the capital city of Guyana.