The Indian Premier League is in its penultimate stage with all the teams having just 4 or less games remaining to finish off the league stage. This is the interesting phase as all the calculations will come out and fans of franchises will be dependent on other teams’s results to go their way in order for their teams to strengthen the chance for playoffs.
Lets take a look at the qualification scenario as it stands for all the teams.
IPL 2021 Playoffs Scenario Explained
Technically all the 8 teams including Sunrisers Hyderabad are in contention for the playoffs spot
Top 10 IPL Bowlers of All Time
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have 2 wins in 10 games and they stand at a chance of 0.2% for qualifying for the playoffs.
- Punjab Kings have 4 wins in 11 games and if they can win their remaining games and have a superior NRR, they can enter the playoffs as the 4th best team in the competition and probability of that happening is a mere 9%.
- Rajasthan Royals are in a much similar situation to Punjab Kings but their inferior NRR reduces their probability of qualifying which currently stands at 6%.
- The defending champions Mumbai Indians have 5 wins in 11 games and they can qualify for the playoffs if they win their remaining games and probability of that happening is 33%.
- KKR have 5 wins in 11 games similar to MI but their positive NRR increases the probability of qualifying to the playoffs. Their current portability sits at 55%
- RCB have strengthened their chance to qualify for the playoffs after a win against RR and they can easily finish in the top 2 as well thereby giving themselves 2 shots at the final. They have 96% chance of qualifying for playoffs.
- Both CSK and DC have 99% qualified for playoffs and CSK is sure to play the qualifier 1 meanwhile DC might have to win another game for a top 2 finish.
Most dangerous batsman in IPL RANKED
IPL 2021: IPL playoffs schedule
Dubai and Sharjah will host the playoff games starting from 10th October. Dubai is set to host the qualifer 1 and final on 10th and 15th of October respectively. Sharjah will be hosting eliminator and qualifier 2 on 11th and 13th of October.
Fastest century in IPL | Indian Premier League Batting Records