Ajantha Mendis (cricketer) Wife, Weight, Height, Age, Records and More
Ajantha Mendis broke onto the International scene as a ‘mystery spinner’ who bowled everything. He bowled off-break, leg-break, googly, flipper and straight delivery. He was an instant hit, claiming a bag full of wickets in first couple of years.
|Role:||Right arm spin|
|Date of Birth:||11 March 1985|
|Age (as on 2018):||33 years|
|Birth Place:||Moratuwa, Sri Lanka|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Pisces|
|School:||St Anthony’s College, Kadalana and Moratuwa Maha Vidyalaya|
|Jersey Number:||#40 (Sri Lanka)|
|Major Team:||Sri Lanka, Combined Provinces, Dhaka Gladiators, Hampshire, Kandurata Maroons, Kolkata Knight Riders, Lahore Qalandars, Mohammedan Sporting Club, Pune Warriors, Sri Lanka Army, Sri Lanka Board President’s XI, Wayamba|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive bowler|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
|Career Turning Point|
- Mendis bamboozled the Indian batting line-up to return with figures of 6/13 in 2008 Asia Cup final, the best ODI figures by an bowler in an tournament final.
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Children:||One Son, and daughter|
|Awards and recognitions|
- ICC Emerging Player of the Year in 2008
|Lesser Known Facts|
- On 3 March 2009, the bus carrying the Sri Lankan cricketers to the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore was fired at by masked gunmen.
- Ajantha Mendis was among seven Sri Lankan cricketers who were injured in the attack.
- Mendis was in an active military service as a Gunner in the Sri Lanka Artillery a regiment of the Sri Lanka Army.
- In 2012, Ajantha Mendis received the Sri Lankan order of Bantu, the highest civilian honor in Sri Lanka.