Alastair Nathan Cook
|Nickname:||Captain Cook, Cookie, Cookie monster, Chef|
|Height (approx.):||185 cm|
|Weight (approx.):||77 kg|
|Eye Colour:||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth:||25th December 1984|
|Age (as on 2018):||33 years|
|Birth Place:||Gloucestershire, England|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Capricon|
|School:||St Paul’s Cathedral School, London|
Belford School, Bedfordshire
|Father:||Graham Cook (Engineer)|
|Mother:||Stephanie Cook (Teacher)|
|Brother:||Laurence Cook, Adrian Cook|
|Test:||1st March 2006 vs India at Nagpur|
|ODI:||28 June 2006 vs Sri Lanka at Manchester|
|T20:||28 June 2007 vs Windies at London|
|Jersey Number:||#26 (International, County)|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||Australia|
|Favourite Shot:||Cut and Pull|
- He became the only test player in the history to score 4 test centuries before turning 22. He achieved this feat in Dec 2006.
- In December, the following year, he became the second batsman worldwide and only Englishmen to score 1000 runs in his maiden year and in the same month he became the only English player to score 7 centuries in test before turning 23.
- In the Ashes series 2011, Cook spent the most time batting in a 5 match test series where he batted for a combined 2171 minutes on the crease, almost 36 hours.
- He holds the record for scoring five successive hundreds in his first five tests as a test captain. He achieved this feat in December 2012.
- He became the first English cricketer to be involved in 50 test wins in August 2015.
- He surpassed Sachin Tendulkar to score the youngest 10,000 runs in test cricket in May 2016. He achieved this milestone at the age of 31 years and 158 days while Sachin did this at the age of 31 years and 326 days.
- He is the most capped player for England in test cricket. He achieved this feat in October 2016 and he surpassed Alec Stewart’s tally of 134 games.
|Career Turning Point:|
- He was a prolific performer in the domestic circuit piling up heavy runs. Therefore, on the back of some consistent performance he got a chance to feature in the English setup and till now his place looks intact
|Hobbies:||Cooking and Farming|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Rump Steak|
|Favourite Actors/ Actresses:||NA|
|Cars Collection:||Ford Focus RS|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Wife/Spouse:||Alice Hunt (Model)|
|Marriage Date:||31st December 2011|
|Net Worth:||$10 to 12 million|
|Retainer Fee:||$1.1 Million|
|ODI Fee:||US$ 7236|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Drinking Alcohol: Yes
- Smoking: Not Known
- As a kid he was captivated with music, he even used to play many musical instruments in his growing age like piano, saxophone, Clarinet etc.
- His interest in music helped him to earn a scholarship to Bedford School which is an independent school for boys at Bedford where he was immediately appointed as the president of its musical society.
- Cook was a part of England’s Under-19 team in the year 2004. He was the major contributor for his team to take them to the semi-finals with twin centuries in the competition.
- At the U19 level he was predominantly a bowler. His prowess of bowling had a major impact as he dismissed JP Duminy for 116 and Ab de Villiers for 99 runs in an U19 test match against South Africa in 2003.
- On his debut test against India in 2006 at Nagpur, Cook scored a 60 in first innings and his maiden century 104 in the second innings of the test match. This made him the youngest Englishman to score a test century in 67 years as he was just 21 years then.
- Cook still holds the record of being the youngest English player to score 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 and 6000 Test runs.
- He has a phobia from snakes and is very afraid of them. He even has nightmare of a snake eating him.
- He is fond of sweets and once admitted that he stole penny sweets from a shop when he was young.
- He is a really good cook and loves cooking in his spare time due to which his teammates have given him the title of a ‘Chef’.