Cameron Bancroft is an Australian cricketer who has played T20 and Test cricket for Australia. He made his international T20 debut against India in 2016 while his Test debut came against England in the year 2017. He has also represented Western Australia in Under-17, Under-19 and Under-23, apart from this, he has also represented Australia Under -19 in both Tests and ODIs where he scored 3 centuries at a staggering average of 50.90. He made his List A debut for Western Australia and played his first List A game against Tasmania in 2011. He has also represented Australia in the 2012 Under 19 World Cup and emerged as the second highest run-getter for Australia with 196 runs to his name. His career though took a shameful halt in March 2011 after he was found guilty in the ball tampering case in the third Test match against South Africa in Cape Town. He along with then skipper Steven Smith and vice-captain was banned from playing International cricket by Cricket Australia for 9 months.
|Height (approx.):||6 feet|
|Weight (approx.):||75 Kg|
|Date of Birth:||19th November 1992|
|Age (as on 2018):||25 years|
|Birth Place:||Attadale, Western Australia, Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Scorpio|
|School:||Aquinas College, Perth, Western Australia|
|Brother:||Hayden Bancroft (Golfer) and Justin Bancroft (Tennis Player)|
|Address:||Attadale, Western Australia, Australia|
|Test:||23 November 2017 vs England|
|T20:||31 January 2016 vs India|
|Jersey Number:||#4 (International and Domestic)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Gloucestershire, Perth Scorchers, Western Australia, Somerset, Willetton|
|Nature on field:||Calm|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
|Career Turning Point|
- Getting selected in Australia’s Ashes squad for the year 2017.
|Favourite Batsmen:||Ricky Ponting|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Shane Warne|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Perth|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Non-vegetarian dishes|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Wife/Spouse:||Caity Paris (Sales Assistant at Kookai)|
|Net Worth:||USD 15 Million|
|Awards and recognitions|
- On March 24,2018, Cameron Bancroft was involved in the famous ball-tampering controversy along with then skipper Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner. He was the one who was hiding the sticky tape and sand paper and using them to change the condition of the ball. When the big screen caught his actions some repurcussions were taken against the trio which included a 1 year ban from International cricket for Steve Smith and David Warner, whereas, Cameron Bancroft was imposed with a 9 month ban from International cricket.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- He was born into a family of ‘Dockers’.
- He started playing cricket at the age of 14 for the ‘Willetton Cricket Club’.
- He made his debut in the year 2011 in List A cricket for ‘Western Australia’ against ‘Tasmania’ at Perth.
- His first selection in the national squad came in the year 2015 for the tour of Bangladesh. But, the tour was cancelled due to some security concerns and he had to wait for one more year to make his International debut against India in a T20I at Sydney.
- He is a dog lover too.
- He keeps wicket occasionally, infact, in his first T20I he donned the wicket-keeping gloves.