The slide of the turf celebration after winning the 2008 U-19 World Cup is something that instantly comes to mind when you think about Punjab speedster Siddarth Kaul. With ten wickets in five games, Kaul emerged as the leading wicket-taker along with Ravindra Jadeja.
A host of injuries derailed his charge at the first-class and it was not until 2012 that he made his return to spearhead the Punjab bowling attack. He was picked up by the Delhi Daredevils for the 2103 and 2014 season but his real break came with the Sunrisers Hyderabad. Largely overshadowed by Bhuvneshar Kumar, Kaul developed a plethora of skills including the knuckleball to spearhead the bowling line-up in the 2018 season and emerged as the joint-highest wicket-taker.
|Profession:||Indian Cricketer (Fast bowler)|
|Weight (approx.):||70 kg|
|Date of Birth:||May 19, 1990|
|Age (as on 2018):||28|
|Birth Place:||Pathankot, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Taurus|
|Father:||Tej Kaul (Physiotherapist)|
|Mother:||Sandhya Kaul (Gymnastics coach with the Sports Authority of India)|
|Brother||Uday Kaul (Cricketer)|
|Test:||Yet to make his debut|
|ODI:||July 14, 2018, vs England at Lord’s|
|T201:||June 29, 2018, vs Ireland at The Village|
|Jersey Number:||#9 (India), #9 (IPL)|
|Domestic/State Team:||India, India A, Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Nature on the field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to Play against:|
|Career Turning Point|
- Kaul’s path-breaking performance (22 wickets) where he emerged as the spearhead of the Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL 11 earned him the national call for India’s limited-overs leg of Ireland and England.
|Hobbies:||Listening to music|
|Favourite Batsmen:||Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni and Virender Sehwag|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Daniel Vettori|
|Favourite Football Team:||N/A|
|Favourite sports personalities:||N/A|
|Favourite Actors:||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite TV Shows:||NA|
|Smoking/Alcohol:||Not Known/ Not Known|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Awards and recognitions|
- Kaul was the member of the 2008 U-19 World Cup winning team alongside Virat Kohli and Ravindra Jadeja.
- Kaul ended up with ten wickets from five games, the joint highest for India alongside Ravindra Jadeja.
- Kaul was the second highest wicket-taker in the 2012-13 seaon of the Ranji Trophy.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- Siddarth was born into a family with a rich cricketing history. His father and brother (Uday) both played in the Indian domestic circuit.
- His father, Tej Kaul, Played Ranji Trophy for Jammu and Kashmir and also worked with the Indian team as a trainer and physiotherapist during the late 80s and early 90s.
- After his performances in India’s U-19 World Cup win back in 2008, Kolkata Knight Riders drafted him inmto the squad for the inaugural season.