Umesh Kumar Tilak Yadav
Hailing from Nagpur, Umesh Yadav is one of the fastest bowlers India has produced in the modern era. It was his destiny to represent his country in the blues and the son of a Coal mine worker with his sheer hard work made it to the national squad. Often known as the Vidharba Hurricane, Umesh Yadav unsuccessfully applied in the Indian army and the police force but his luck wasn’t brave and therefore he was not able to make the cut. He started playing with a leather ball in the year 2007-2008 and before that he used to play with a Tennis ball and that is when he made his way into the Vidarbha team in an unorthodox plate League of the Ranji Trophy. Three years later he made it to the Indian team in an away series against Zimbabwe and since then has represented India in 73 one-dayers, 38 Test matches and 5 T20Is.
|Nickname:||Vidharbha Hurricane and Babloo|
|Height (approx.):||178 cm|
|Weight (approx.):||75 kgs|
|Tattoos:||On his left arm|
|Date of Birth:||25th October 1987|
|Age (as on 2017):||30 years|
|Birth Place:||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Scorpio|
|School:||Government Higher Secondary School, Walani|
|Father:||Tilak Yadav (Coal mine worker)|
|Mother:||Late Kishori Devi|
|Brother:||Ramesh Yadav (Elder) and one elder brother|
|Coach/Mentor:||Subroto Banerjee and Pritam Ghande|
|Address:||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Test:||6 Nov 2011 vs West Indies in Delhi|
|ODI:||28 May 2010 vs Zimbabwe at Bulawayo|
|T20:||7 Aug 2012 vs Sri Lanka in Pallekele|
|Jersey Number:||#19 (International, IPL, County)|
|Domestic/State Team:||India, Delhi Daredevils, Kolkata Knight Riders, Vidarbha, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||Pakistan and Australia|
|Career Turning Point|
- His performance in the 2007-08 T20 tournament for Air India.
- He has delivered his fastest ball against Sri Lanka clocking 155.55 kmph.
- He is the first player from Vidarbha to play for India.
- He was the highest wicket-taker for India in ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, scalping 18 wickets.
- His fastest ball in IPL is 150.1 kmph which made him the third fastest bowler in the 2015 season.
|Favourite Batsmen:||Virat Kohli and Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Zaheer Khan, Glenn McGrath and Dale Steyn|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports Commentator:||NA|
|Favourite Actors:||Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Musicians/Singers:||Cold Play|
|Favourite TV Shows:||NA|
|Cars Collection:||BMW (Model: Not Known)|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Marriage Date:||29th May 2013|
|Net Worth:||$2 Million|
|Test Fee:||Rs. 15 lakh|
|ODI Fee:||Rs. 7.5 lakh|
|T20 Fee:||Rs. 6 lakh|
|IPL 11:||Rs. 4.2 Crore|
|Awards and recognitions|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- His father used to work in coal-mines in Khaperkheda, Nagpur.
- He initially wanted to join Indian Army but got rejected from there, after that he applied for a police constable job but missed out the opportunity by just 2 points.
- He played some local cricket tournaments and earned a chance to play for Vidarbha Gymkhana.
- He took the priceless wickets of VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid in 2008 Duleep Trophy.
- In 2011, his mother passed away due to diabetes as his family was unable to lure the medical expense.