Marseille vs Athletic Bilbao
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE
MAR VS ATH MATCH PREVIEW:
In the upcoming fixture of the UEFA Europa League, Athletic Bilbao is locking horns with Olympique Marseille in the return leg of the Round of 16 fixtures. The first leg was won comfortably by the French team and in the return leg the Spanish team would try to change their fate but that’s not going to be easy for them even though they would be the hosting side. This expected to be a nail-biting contest because both the teams would go for a win in this game but for the home team the stakes is higher. The preview of the match is listed below.
When: March 15th, 11:30 PM IST
Where: San Mames Stadium, Biscay, Spain
Head to head (Last three matches)
Marseille won – 1
Athletic Bilbao won – 1
Not Decided – 1
MAR VS ATH TEAM NEWS:
MAR TEAM NEWS:
- Kostas Mitroglou and Grégory Sertic are injury concerns for Marseille ahead of Thursday’s trip to Spain. Expect a similar team to the one that started last Thursday.
- Lucas Ocampos and Jordan Amavi avoided a yellow card in the first leg and are free to play here.
Mandanda (GK), Sakai, Rami, Rolando, Amavi, Gustavo, Lopez, Thauvin, Payet, Ocampos, Germain
ATH TEAM NEWS:
- Aritz Aduriz overcame illness to start and score against Marseille last week and Athletic Club’s chances over overturning the 3-1 deficit from the first leg rests on his shoulders.
- Raul Garcia and Mikel San Jose are suspended for the home side after picking up costly bookings in France. Xabier Etxeita did not pick up a yellow card and will be free to play here.
- January signing Íñigo Martínez is ineligible, while Iker Muniain and Mikel Rico are injury concerns for José Ángel Ziganda’s side.
Herrerin (GK), Balenziaga, Etxeita, Alvarez, Marcos, Iturraspe, Etxebarria, Susaeta, Vesga, Williams, Aduriz
Olympique Marseille – Ocampos and Payet
Athletic Bilbao – Aduriz and Williams
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
Athletic Bilbao is 3-1 down from the first leg but will try to use their away goal to build confidence ahead of Thursday’s meeting with Marseille. The Spanish side has only lost two of their last 13 home matches.
Marseille are favourites after winning 3-1 in the first leg but this tie is not done. The French side has not won a single match away from home in Europe this season, scoring only twice in four matches.
Athletic Club will expect to win on Thursday at the very least but may have left themselves with too much to do on Thursday. While Marseille have travelled poorly in Europe, a two-goal advantage should be enough.
NOTE: THIS MAR VS ATH MATCH PREVIEW IS BASED ON OUR RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING FROM VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES. YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OWN PLAYING 11 ON THE BASIS OF TEAM NEWS.
MAR VS ATH FANTASY TEAM: