Mahendra Singh Dhoni, born on 7 July 1981, who is part of the Indian team playing in England, celebrated his 37th birthday with his teammates and family wife Sakshi, daughter Ziva.
Dhoni, who debuted for India in 2004, completed another milestone yesterday.
The 2nd T20I match against England in Cardiff was his “500th international match”.
MS has been the only captain in the history of cricket who has led them to three ICC trophies: World T20 in 2007, ICC World Cup 2011 and 2013 Champions Trophy.
Let’s have a look at some of the records set by MS Dhoni:
- MS Dhoni is the third most successful wicketkeeper in international cricket. He has sent back to the pavilion 780 people in 500 games.
- Dhoni has most stumpings by any wicketkeeper in international cricket. He has affected 178 stumpings so far.
- He is most successful wicketkeeper in T20Is with 82 dismissals so far in his name.
- MS Dhoni has scored 217 sixes in ODI cricket so far. He tops the list of Indian players and is fourth among all international cricketers in this regard.
- Dhoni holds the record of scoring the most number of runs without scoring a half-century. He scored over 1000 runs without scoring a fifty.
- Dhoni has scored most centuries by any batsman batting at no. 7. He has scored two centuries at this position- against Pakistan and Africa XI both at Chepauk in Chennai.
- Dhoni’s sixth-wicket partnership of 218 runs with Mahela Jayawardene in the Afro-Asia cup 2007 is a world record!
Wishes poured in for the former Indian skipper on his 37th B’day:
Walking out of your 500th international match & gracefully walking into the blessed day of India, when a legend like you was born! Wish you a very Happy Birthday brother @msdhoni 🎂You have been my inspiration & will always be! I cherish all our good times! #HappyBirthdayMSDhoni pic.twitter.com/YinwMNSAgz
— Suresh Raina (@ImRaina) July 6, 2018
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) July 6, 2018
— Mohammad Kaif (@MohammadKaif) July 7, 2018
— Chennai Super Kings FC (@CskIPLTeam) July 6, 2018
— DHONIsm™ 💙 (@DHONIism) July 6, 2018