Sarah Taylor (England cricketer) Boyfriend, Age, Records, Photos, Birthday, and More
Updated on: Sep 8, 2022 1:07 pm IST
England Cricketer, Sarah Jane Taylor, had a keen interest in cricket from her childhood. She is a wicketkeeper batswoman who is best known for her sweeping and pulling stroke play. In 2017, Sarah lifted the World Cup trophy. In 2008, she was also an England team member who claimed the Ashes win over Australia.
Sarah is single at the moment. She hasn’t been in any relationship yet. She has succeeded in focusing only on her professional career rather than on a personal relationship. She doesn’t like to talk openly about her personal relations in media.
Sarah is one of the highest-paid cricketers of the English women team.
Name: Sarah Jane Taylor
Role: Top-order batsman
Batting style Right-hand bat
Fielding position Wicketkeeper
Height (approx.): In Feet Inches- 5’ 7”(170 cm)
Weight (approx.): 132 lbs(60 kg)
Eye Colour: Hazel Blue
Hair Colour: Blonde
Date of Birth: May 20, 1989
Age (as on July 2019): 30 years 2 months
Birth Place: London Hospital, Whitechapel, London
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Nationality: English, British
College: Brighton College
Educational Qualifications: NA
Father: Zachary Taylor
Mother: Margaret Taylor
Brother: Alex Taylor
Test: England Women v India Women at Leicester, Aug 8-11, 2006
ODI: England Women v India Women at Lord’s, Aug 14, 2006
T20I: England Women v India Women at Derby, Aug 5, 2006
Jersey Number: 30
Major Teams: Adelaide Strikers Women, England Development Squad Women, England Women, Rubies
- Sarah scored 129 against South Africa in August 2008 and recorded her first 268 wicket partnership with Caroline Atkins for the highest run stand in Women’s ODI.
- After smashing 75 runs in a 10 wicket victory against India on September 2008, she became the youngest female cricketer to score 1000 ODI runs.
- After building 275 with Tamsin Beaumont, she set the largest record for the 2nd wicket partnership in the 2017 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup.
Hobbies: Swimming, listening to music
Favorite Sport Outside Cricket: Football( Arsenal )
Favorite Cricketers: NA
Favorite TV shows: MOD Live at the Base
Boyfriend, Spouse and Children
Marital Status: Unmarried
Awards and recognitions
ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year – 2012, 2013,2018ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year – 2014
English cricketer Sarah Taylor found out tweeting and flirting with Ravindra Jadeja on Twitter during the night of their respective teams lost in the Finals in 2014.
Lesser Known Facts
- In 2015 she became the first female cricketer ever to play Australia’s men’s grade cricket. She appeared for the Northern District as a wicket-keeper
- She declared a break from global cricket in May 2016 due to her anxiety issue. It was because she didn’t want her career to be spoiled. In April 2017, Taylor made a comeback